Medical Questions > Relationships > Troubled and Abusive Relationships Forum

I walk on eggshells around my husband.

I have been married to my husband for two years. This is both our second marriage. I have one child from my previous marriage and he has two from his previous marriage. In the beginning everything was great! My parents did not like him from the first and tried to work with my husband's ex to split us up. You would think that would cause a strain in our relationship, but we became inseperable. Everything finally settled down and just in the past few months he has become so hard to live with! One weekend he started putting me down and telling me I need to change because I took to long getting dressed! We went to eat and I forgot the to go plate and he called me useless! I was so blown away because he had never talked to me that way! My ex husband abused me for ten years and it bothered my husband knowing how I was treated! He at me about money and tells me that I will not keep him from making money and if I try to, he will be "done with me"! He used to tell me that he would never do anything to separate us! He used to tell me I was the love of his life! Now, he puts me down and yells at me! He treats the dog better than me! We finally moved, but that didn't improve how he treats me! He uses my words against me! He barely touches me! I walk on eggshells to keep from being fussed at! He yells at me in front of my child! She told me she doesn't think he loves me anymore! His children have not wanted to come see him because of all the stuff with my parents and their mom! They don't want trouble! My husband has been fighting with a kidney stone for the past few months and been in alot of pain so I don't know if that is what it is! I want my husband who acted like he loved me back! He used to never put me down and call me names!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 25th, 2011
Experienced User
hi, it dose sound like you have a problem, childen can be very perceptive about such things. a start might be relationship councling, but you also need to tell him that it herts you when he puts you down or tretens you. also when he is verbaly abusive to you (if he shouts at you rater than a equal convisation it is verbal abuse) in fount of your child he is tecnicly also abusiing your child. let him know what you realy think about his behavour, in writing if you cannot speek to him.

if once you have told him how it is effecting you he dose not change than get out he is not worth the effort, it is better to go alone than be abused all the time
|
Did you find this post helpful?