Medical Questions > Nutrition > Weight Loss Forum

i've tried everything to loose weight

Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....
What do you think?
Excersize
Go to the doctor.
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1
I'm 13 years old and i weigh about 150 pounds and i'm about 5'5" . I feel fat, i also feel like i've tried everything to loose weight but it just won't go away. I've tried everything from running as much as possible, to not eating at all. My legs & arms aren't fat, it's just my stomach. I wanted to take weight looosing pills, but my mom wouldn't let me. All my friends are skinny and they look great in bathing suits.. but thats not me. I Just want to fit in. I know theres not much to do, but any advice?? Also i feel like running doesn't help, i feel like running just works my legs,, and my legs look like chicken legs compared to mybody..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 9th, 2011
You shouldnt stop eating, instead cut out some foods. E.g. Have fruit instead of icecream, Stop eating mc donalds. Exercise doesnt only make you lose weight in the area being worked. Weightloss works when your heart rate increases and you start to burn fat for energy. Running is /was helping and you should continue, if you want to lose weight from your stomach continue running and start doing little muscle exercises like sit ups.
|

replied November 9th, 2011
Experienced User
Couldnt have said it better myself Shingsti! Stay with the running to keep your metabolism up. You will also have the benefit of being in shape, unlike many of your friends. You are only 13 years old, so you are likely to do some more growing which will help. Lots of changes can happen as you grow. Make sure you eat right. Starving yourself is actually counter productive to losing body fat.
|

replied January 12th, 2012
Jog and stay healthy keep urself occupied so u may not think mush about eating eat raw eat healthy Think before putting somthn in ur mouth need to controll eating habits but make sure u jog atleast an hour
|

replied January 31st, 2012
Be consistent in exercising. If not working, double your effort.
|