Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

I've never had a 3 day cycle like that Could I Be Pregnant?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
I am 24 and recently my bf of 9 months whom is 33 got tested and we started to practice sex without a condom (don't judge me) lol .. I've had a previous longterm bf who I have had unprotected sex with and he did ejaculate inside me (sorry for the details) and I've never gotten pregnant. I counted it off as me not being able to get preggo at the moment because of my weight (that might've been a mistake). My bf now doesn't ejaculate inside me but he does not use condoms! (just making that clear again). So I had a period on November 5th-8th (it usually last about 4-5 days) the first day is medium, 2nd & 3rd day really heavy with horrible cramping, an the last day medium (that's my usual routine). Me and my bf had unprotected sex where he did ejaculate in me twice on November 23rd. My cycle came on November 30th-December 2nd which is 3days.. I had no idea it was coming because I had no cramps! I usually have horrible cramps. I had minimal cramping after it started and the 2nd day. The first day was basically spotting, 2nd was medium, and the 3rd was light.. From the time my period ended up until now I have had alot of weird things happen to me which I overlooked assuming it's just my body being weird and it will go away. I've had horrible lower backaches, I've been constipated once that caused blood to be in my bowels which my doc said it was internal hemmoroids which dissolved after 2days, (I later found out that hemmoroids is associated with pregnancy), horrible gas, I had diarrhea yesterday that's gone now, and I have had these sounds in my stomach that sounds like it's digesting. I have NEVER had any of these problems up until now! Never had problems going to the bathrm, never had gas for this long, NEVER had hemorrhoids, and I've never had a 3 day cycle like that one, I've never had my stomach make these noises before, and lately dairy products is my worst enemy when i used to eat ice cream and cereal daily..I assumed it was just digestion(and it might just be) but why all of a sudden?? I haven't made a doctor's appointment just because I kind of feel like my friends are just reading too much into the situation..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 13th, 2011
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Your recent symptoms (lighter bleeding, spotting, constipation, worsening hemorrhoids, feeling gassy, low backpain, absence of usual menstrual time symptoms, changing bowel habits, changed diet preferences etc) could suggest chances of pregnancy. Hemorrhoids can be associated with pregnancy, and if present in pre-pregnant stage, these can get worse during pregnancy. The pullout/withdrawal method of contraception is associated with highest failures (it is known to contain sperms and no man can be 100% sure that pre-cum/ pre-ejaculatory fluid did not leak out during vaginal penetration). Wait and watch for your next periods and look out or development of any other symptoms suggestive of pregnancy. If you get abnormal periods, or if you develop any new symptoms, or if you suspect chances of pregnancy, you should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for thorough examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately).
If pregnancy gets ruled out, and if you are not ready for pregnancy, but intend to remain sexually active, you should consider visiting your gynecologist to get started on suitable regular birth control measures to be protected (after your periods) as well as regulate your periods. Be regular with birth control use as instructed. Avoid having unprotected sexual contact. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet.
Take care.

|

User Profile
replied December 14th, 2011
If I do get pregnant then of course I will love to have my child! I just had to make that clear lol I'm not having unprotected sex and don't know the consequences..I do thank you for your advice! I was thinking to just wait and see how my cycle does the next go around also! I keep thinking it's just all in my head ya know? Like ever since my friends mentioned the possibility I now FEEL pregnant lol if you can understand what I mean. I don't wanna get my hopes up so I just remove the idea from my mind and I'm patiently waiting!
|

replied December 14th, 2011
sometime it happens that my wife get scared and have some quarrel because she thought that she is pregnant , but we r not interested to take child at this moment. please give any suggestion.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied August 3rd, 2013
Hi I'm 21 years old and i have 15 month old baby girl. I got my period july 16 and it last 4 days a medium flow had bad cramps. Then when I got off the fourth day. Me and my bf had unprotected sex on July 23, 2013 and then he came in me a little bit. I was experiencing lower stomach pains and I've been having headaches everyday for the past week. I've been having lower back pain and I recently this gonna be TMI but I took a number two and the when i wiped i saw blood and I looked search it in it said hemorrhoids. I never had hemorrhoids and my life even when i was pregnant with my daughter didn't have hemorrhoids. So could i be pregnant?
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.