Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I think this summer's it for me

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
User Profile
I want to enjoy this summer and then that's it. I have no one in my life to talk to. Tried a mental health center for pills and two months later when I again told her they aren't working, she still hadn't given me anything else. I quit going.

I'm getting sick and tired of having a completely pointless, empty life but being told to keep up with it. Only a sick SOB pressures someone in pain to stay in a state of constant pain. There's nothing here. I want to get some fishing in. When the weather turns, that's it.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Whocares88
|

replied May 6th, 2012
Dude I'm 45 and have felt the same way many times and I also have chronic calf pain for life after my Dr misdiagnosed Chronic Calf Compression Syndrome. Now some of my nerves are crushed and I suffer Neuropathic pain.
My life is awful I'm worthless and pointless and a waste of space. I can't work and feel bad with my wife taking the bread home.
BUT I did raise my daughter by myself since she was 3 years old and she's now 21! It is the only good thing I have done and she is a well balanced young woman, Dux of her school and studying media. She is a brilliant writer and is the only thing keeping me from opting out. I know how it would wreck her life and that is what I cling to at my worst. Find something or someone that would miss you. I had a girl friend of mine take her own life and the ripples of sadness it spread were immense. It sucks the big one but try to stay here with us all.

Love your way Dude,

Pete
|

replied May 7th, 2012
Experienced User
Hi Whocares88, I think you should see a better counselor and psychiatrist for better medication and treatment. Sometimes it takes time for meds to kick in or get into your system. Don;t give up on life, there's a reason why you're here. If you want to talk, I'm here. And, also, are suffering from depression or something more?
|
Quick Reply