Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I think that I'm depressed but don't know what to do.

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
I feel totally flat and depleted of energy all the time. As hard as I try, I just can't get myself to feel excited about anything in my life. I feel isolated and very lonely and don't feel like I can trust anyone with the way I feel. I don't go out or have any family close by so I spend all my time in the house. It's as if I'm in a fog and just can't shake it. I did see a doctor a while back and he didn't want to listen to what I had to say, he just wanted to put me on anti depressents which I didn't really want to do.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 31st, 2011
I feel just like u. Check out my topic i just wrote up. I feel so lazy all the time. I do t wanna go out. Just a boring cycle of life i got.

Take care. Hope to hear back
|
Users who thank HeavyB for this post: Ursula29 

replied November 1st, 2011
I used to feel like that. You just have to keep reminding yourself that you have to do this, you have to do that. And when you feel like theres nothing to be excited about, go out and do something. Just going to the shops to get food will help take you out of this rut, it clears your mind a little, and changes your routine. You feel lonely? Im in the exact situation right now. Im trying to be a bit more happy and make my self look forward to things more. So what im trying to say is change your routine, do something unexpected and give your self a little reward after doing things like a piece of chocolate Razz Hope this helped. Feel better Smile
|
Users who thank Kid0 for this post: Ursula29 

replied November 1st, 2011
Thank you for the advice, I appreciate it.
|