Medical Questions > Relationships > Dating Forum

i think she likes me?

okay, here's the deal. i worked with this girl for about 6 months and we became really good friends. whenever we worked similar shifts we were always working together and just talking about random things. well, some other co-workers who i talk to on a daily basis started asking me if i thought she liked me because she was always around me was never as close with other females we worked with. i shrugged it off cause i knew she had a bf and it didnt really matter to me cause i have no interest in girls. well outside of work we continued to talk via text message about things we liked, disliked, and out of no where she came out to me, and not just that time but on another occasion when we were texting. i started to think maybe my friends were right about her liking me but i thought it was more of she just felt comfortable telling me and afterwards i came to the conclusion i had feelings about her and it drives me nuts because i dont know how to ask her if she does like me. its more because i dont want things to be awkward or lose a friend over mixed signals. well, recently we saw each other where i work and after she left a co-worker who im not very close with randomly tells me i think she likes you and i had to laugh cause she was the 5th person to tell me that. when i asked why she thought the girl liked me her response was just how awkward she acted around you like she didnt know what to say or how to act when you werent talking. maybe im just over thinking the situation or missing some signals?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 10th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
If she came out to you it's a sign of obvious trust and comfort. Wheather or not she finds you attractive she isn't going to be put off by you admitting your attraction to her. We can't know what signals she's giving or what signals you're missing. Odds are she's also wonderring if you like her and you two are going to be like this until one of you finds the courage to ask the other or until one of you finds someone else. If she's single, tell her you're into her.
|

replied March 10th, 2010
Experienced User
You seem to be only asking whether she likes you. What does to like someone mean in the US? - I`m British. I think it`s certain that she either "likes you" or is planning your demise. I can only speak for here, but I`d guess the demise option would be down around one thousand to one, or so. How could she be deliberately spending time with you without first liking you - How would that work? Her boyfriend isn`t present so that route hasn`t been discussed. Out of principal, your aware she is taken,(and I consider a boyfriend to be taken) I`d stop precisely there! Under these circumstances it`s not for you to do/ask anything more beyond your present social circumstances, and she should both understand and respect this/It should work in your favour. I`d leave it at,"pity you`ve got a boyfriend isn`t it"
With a strong instictive mind, a rare commodity, you`d likely know what she feels, and with a weak one you`d miss nearly everything, and take the rest the wrong way. If more than a few people, it`s easier as an on-looker, think that she fancies you, it becomes quite unlikely that she doesn`t; but it`s only reliable if they`re other women. It`s always good to tell girls that their attractive, but that`s entirely different to telling them that you fancy them. To respect her is also to respect her relationships!
|
Tags: act, working out
Quick Reply