Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

I think my mum has Schizophrenia

Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
My mum has been showing signs of schizophrenia for over a year, she was taken off her medication and a year later she started saying people were going to sue her and even went to police station!! She's been like this for over a year and has days where she gets really angry and blames me for stuff I haven't done and thinks people who I haven't even heard of are going to sue her, she says these things to my gran who has admitted she has been like this in the past, she has started getting worse and I don't know what to do as she has an injection every fortnight and it isn't working but I don't want her to hate me if I tell someone and she ends up in a institute.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2012
Experienced User
If the med isn't helping her, then you should talk to her doc, asap.

As for her reaction if you tell someone, which is more important--what she thinks of you, or whether she gets the help she really needs?
|

replied March 6th, 2012
Thank you Ozy I know I should take her to a doctor but they are the ones who messed her up in the first place by taking her of her medication, and I don't know what they are giving her so I don't know if is a case of her not taking her medication or her being on the wrong medication, but I suppose I should get her help.
|
Quick Reply