Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Multiple Sclerosis Forum

I think I have MS, what should I do next?

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
Hi everyone,

Ok so over the past few years I've had some weird symptoms which I recently found out seem to match MS symptoms. More recently I've experienced this 'electric shock' feelings in my leg and sometimes on my back, as well as irritability and depression for no reason at all. The symptoms that I always seem to have are fatigue and this spasm down my back that feels like a shiver. I've also had other symptoms in the past like my eye feeling like its vibrating, a slight burning feeling down my back, my eyes loosing focus for a few seconds, temporary blurry vision and just general weakness and pain in my hands and legs and occasional headaches.

I know I might just be paranoid, especially since the symptoms aren't usually that annoying (other than the depression) but at what point do you think I should go get it checked out? I'm hesitant to right now because I don't have a family doctor so I guess I'd have to go to a clinic or ER or something, not really sure. Or should I find a neurologist and make an appointment?

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Just don't know where to go from here...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 18th, 2011
I first went to my family doc who then referred me to a neurologist. Good luck.
|

replied July 20th, 2011
Make an appointment with your primary care manager. They can help you from there Smile
|