Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

I' sure my son is schizophrenic. He thinks he is psychic.

Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
Iam having same problem as brokenmom, my son is 33yrs old talks to himself and laughs all the time. When I ask him who is he talking and laughing to I get no response just a dirty look. He thinks he is psychic. He has been unemployed since June last year and I have tried to get him to a doctor but he refuses. He did see a psychiatrist at the clinic but just told him he can\'t sleep so was prescribed sleeping pills. I then went to see this doctor and gave him pages of what was going on and it was placed in his file. He went to get another prescription this morning and patients are given own file where he found letters and took them out. He told me doctor said Iam not allowed to interfere. Please help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 21st, 2012
Active User, very eHealthy
Somehow someway psychics are real.

Most are however liars.

If a ghost lifted me up off of the ground and I told everyone it was me then I would be a liar wouldn't I?

I think that people and spirits can perform alot of illusions right?

Here is one for you, Im schizophrenic, two years in a row the ghosts told me the outcome of the superbowl before it happened, and it came true.

One of those times was a few weeks before the game even happened, it hadn't even been decided who would be in it, how is that possible, I don't know. I guess that spirits know alot about football or something.

People come up with alot of theories about this, but who really knows. Time travel? Massive amounts of knowledge that nobody is aware of? Seeing the future?

Would anyone care to enlighten us?.

Seeing the future I suppose has been ruled out. Leaving time travel or simply knowing massive amounts and using this hidden knowledge(hidden from us anyway) to know outcomes.

The funny thing was I was throwing football, a guy walks by and says "who do you like to win the superbowl?" the voices in my head said "the giants are going to win it all." Hmmmmmmmmm.

Schizophrenic or shamanic. We truly appreciate the videos terence. We hope that you will live again actually.
|

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2012
I sympathize with you as a mother worrying about your son. I have just recently read many of the posts written in Schizophrenia and I have to say they have very unique ways of thinking. Their thoughts, imaginations, the world they live in is way beyond the confines of what many may consider "normal" thought. You may have to accept that you son is unique. Read as much as you can about it, including the thoughts of people like him. Definitely continue to try to get help especially if you see any dangerous behavior.
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2012
Physcicson, please PM / message me for help. What state are you in?
|

replied April 27th, 2012
Active User, very eHealthy
We only get the definition of psychic wrong don't we.

Making us sound delusional.

This is real phenomena.

But unbeknownst to most it isn't what they think.

Only knowledge.
|

replied June 4th, 2012
The main thing I see here is you need to pay attention to him and what he has done in the past, the thing that bothers me is that he doesnt trust you to go into the interview with you. With me I got schitzophernena from when I was in a Cult and they made me not trust my parents and love ones, why they brainwashed me with the voices. Now I'm have a hard time with my past because of it, I just want you to be aware that this society will prey on you son and try to ruin his and your families lives if you are not aware. Ask youself who has he been hanging around when it all got worste, or if he still talks to people. You need to somehow show him you are going to be there for him, while those other people wont, and that you love him. Hope I'm wrong about my suspecune but It is still good information to have with somebody who is vualnerable to Cults and other groups that prey on mentally ill.
|