Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

I sometimes find hard yellow specks in my semen. What is it?

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
About four times in the last week when I masturbate (I masturbate at least once a day every day, sometimes 2x/day), I find tiny yellow hard crystals in my semen. They have about the size and consistancy of a granual of sugar, and there have been two or three found each time (although there have been other times where none came out). Other than this my semen appears to be a normal mix of white and clear (no blood or other discoloration), and there is no pain at all (no lingering pain and no pain during masturbation/orgasm). The crystals seem to crush fairly easy when I roll them around in my finger. My urine is generally clear, except for when I wake up in the morning then it is usually dark yellow. I am a virgin.

I have tried to do an internet search and I have found absolutely nothing about the topic. Does anyone know what is causing this and is this anything really serious? I don't have any medical insurance right now so I really can't afford to go to the doctor.

I could take a picture if necessary, but I would need to know where/how I could post it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 20th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
I don't have an answer for your crystals but urine should be pale yellow and a bit frothy BIT CLEAR URINE is probably a lack of Vitamin B and DARK URINE is often a sign of dehydration which causes the urine to be very concentrated. so if the urine is very dark, check with Dr. as it could indicate kidney problems such as kidney stones or prostate stones but this is just a guess, ask your Dr
|

replied June 20th, 2011
Yeah, I probably am dehydrated a little when I first wake up, but I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't be who slept 8-10 hours through the night without drinking or urinating.

Generally, my urine isn't dark at all (except when I wake up) but either clear or light yellow. I have heard of kidney stones and have taken that possibility into consideration, but as yet have not had any of the classic symptoms such as severe back ache or blood in the urine (and hopefully I won't!). However, I literally have never heard of prostate stones, and, again, can't seem to find anything on them. Do you know of a link with information about them and/or an image of one?

Thanks for your help!

Also, does anyone else have any ideas?
|

replied June 20th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
I would need to go do the research which u can do on the net, but one thing u might add to your diet is APPLE CIDER VINEGAR you can make salad dressing with it by just adding olive oil (this is the same as u pay for at the grocery store in salad dressings; vinaigrette BUT fresh made is much better and cheaper
stones are calcium high ph
vinegar is acidic low ph
|

replied July 22nd, 2012
yellow hard chunk.
I experienced a similar scenario after ejaculating today after masturbation i had a big piece of yellowish light orange chunk of crystal flow out of my penis. its about 6 grains of salt combined into 1 chunk, the rest of the liquid was all clear and white like usual. i almost feel my health may be better for that coming out of me, but what was it? i have also noticed pain on the left side of my penis during ejaculation in the last week or so. this time the pain was a lot less. i have not had any sexual intercourse with any other human in over 2 or so years and had no symptoms prior or after that intercourse. . any info would be great. i thought of prostate stones similar to the idea of kidney stones but didn't think that made sense.
|

replied May 29th, 2013
Same Problem
I know it has been two years sense this question, but I wanted to know if anyone found out the answer to this question. My husband is having the same problem. It has been going on for years now and started before he ever became sexually active. We both are really wanting to know what it is. if anyone can help that would be great. thanks
|

replied September 12th, 2013
here is your answer. yellow jelly like hardish specks are normal
during sexual arousal the prostate gland manufactures fluid that accounts for about 2/3 of the volume of ejaculate. The seminal vesicles are paired structures located behind the prostate gland that also manufacture fluid. Sperm from the testicles (which account for only 1-2% of the semen) travel up a series of tubes (epididymis and vas deferens) on each side to join the seminal vesicles forming the paired ejaculatory ducts. These structures empty into the prostatic portion of the urethra. At the time of ejaculation, fluid is discharged from the prostate gland and ejaculatory ducts into the urethra (urinary canal) forming the semen. The normal semen volume is in the 2-6 cc range. In addition to this, with the onset of sexual excitement, specialized glands in the urethra called Cowper glands, produce a clear, somewhat sticky fluid to lubricate the urethra. this is called this pre-ejaculate (precum). Normally the semen is somewhat viscous, opalescent and whitish gray in color. However, depending on many factors including frequency of ejaculation, diet, general health, etc., the volume, consistency and color of the semen can vary. A yellow cast to the semen, as you have noted, is very common and a variation of normal. If you take multivitamins, this may be a cause. Although there is no need to be medically concerned, stopping the vitamin supplement may help. Thickened semen usually occurs if one ejaculates infrequently and is due to concentration of that portion formed in the seminal vesicles. Occasional clear semen is not a specific sign of disease. A brown or red tint to the semen is a sign of bleeding, usually from the prostate gland. Although prostate bleeding is generally of a benign nature, it is best to have this evaluated by a urologist. Good luck.
|
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.