Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I solved my lifelong depression problem

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
Hi. I have had a lifelong problem with depression which I have now have totally solved for a number of years by merely duplicating any of several of the common positions of the fetus in the womb. The simplest is to place one hand, either hand, or both, one hand is fine, up near my chin or up like a boxer, just somewhere up and reasonably close to me, which a fetus usually does, and I can rest my elbow to make it even easier, or not , walk around, sit, or lie down, as long as my hand remains reasonably still with nothing in it , and therefore like a fetus usually does during its time in the womb.

If I lie down or sleep, I do so on my back and rest either hand or hands on my upper chest, but I have found it is much more effective if I curl my fingers so only the back of my fingers and the heal of my hand are touching my chest rather than my whole palm.

I reduce my depression by one half in an hour of assuming this position with my hand, all of it in a day. This method doesnt work for me if Im near certain types of manmade radiation, computer or monitor, of modem, cell phone, modern , flat screen tv, super near a regular tv, or if I smoke.

This is not a new concept, since many people sleep with their hands up near their upper chest and find comfort from this, but I was very surprised to see how much effect it had on my depression.

Steve Lord , Santa Barbara, Ca.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 19th, 2010
Community Volunteer
|

replied September 5th, 2010
I have a question. Do antidepressants, even when they are effective, keep a person from reaching the high notes of joy: I know this woman who when she used to be having fun, like when she was partying, drinking, she would exude sheer joy. But since she has been taking antidepressants, even now when she isnt depressed, and even when drinking and partying, she is having SOMEdegree of fun, but not hitting those same high notes of joy, those peak joy or fun or delight experiences,,. IN addition it seems to reduce her warmth, her expressions and feelings of warmth towards people. Is this your experience too?

Thanks,

Steve Lord
|

replied September 5th, 2010
I have a question. Do antidepressants, even when they are effective, keep a person from reaching the high notes of joy: I know this woman who when she used to be having fun, like when she was partying, drinking, she would exude sheer joy. But since she has been taking antidepressants, even now when she isnt depressed, and even when drinking and partying, she is having SOMEdegree of fun, but not hitting those same high notes of joy, those peak joy or fun or delight experiences,,. IN addition it seems to reduce her warmth, her expressions and feelings of warmth towards people. Is this your experience too?

Thanks,

Steve Lord
|

replied September 6th, 2010
ANTIDEPRESSANTS
lockett wrote:

Thanks,

Steve Lord

I studied a BA in psychology, our teacher told us that antidepressants are not the solution but a way to help you clear your mind to achieve your goals while someone is guiding you.
So you have to take antidepressants and go to a psychologist.

Antidepressants leave you numb, I know this too, bc I have taken them.
Leave you flat, no high emotions, no sadness, no exhuberant joy.
|

replied September 8th, 2010
My meds experience
I have been on several meds, one where I felt like I loved all people, objects, animals, you name it - you get my point but had no sleep what so ever and others have numbed me or damaged my immune system and made me put on weight even when reducing food intake. Basically I havent found a single med yet where after the initial 4-8wks getting used to them period that I havent had some adverse affect on my health. Cuurently Im tired of the meds screwing me over and I am not on anything now and I feel far more foggy, lack of concentration etc than I ever have. It wasnt that long ago that I started a new med and as I recall I wasnt anywhere near as bad then as what I am today and so I have to conclude that my deteriation is because of the medication. I would recommend avoiding them as much as possible unless your struggling so much that your pretty much having a crisis.
Im also alarmed and now highly skeptical of health professionals who farm out these medications as if they were candy.
The things that help me the most without terrible side effects is exercise and counselling.
Hope you found this useful.
|

replied March 14th, 2013
Can someone out there help me out and tell me why you didnt try this free simple method? Thanks, Even for ten minutes to see what percent of your inflammatory pain it reduces? It appears to stop the autoimmune process almost immediately.in me, the symptoms die so fast.

STeve Lord
|

replied March 14th, 2013
Can someone out there help me out and tell me why you didnt try this free simple method? Thanks,

STeve Lord
|