Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

I smell like gas

Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....
my friends say I smell like gas but when I check I am clean with no leakage I notice around my anus there is alot of sweet or moisture(more than usual) I also don't have strong urges to have a bowel movement.My breath is horrible all the time and have a strange fish smell around my penis when I sweet,I don't know if that is related.

For the last 12 days I have change my diet by eating a fiber cereal(fiber1) every morning with a yogurt and have been eating no junk food,no takeout.no pop,and hardly any meat.I drink over a gallon of water a day with a bowl of vegetables with almost every meal,Tuna,Salmon,light tv dinners,soup fruit and have been walking for at least 30 minutes each day.

I am a clean person showering every day and this has ruined my life,I did almost every test and have found nothing wrong besides some acid reflux.

Please can someone help me solve my problem?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 2nd, 2008
Supporter
Congratulations on your change of diet! But it will take longer than a couple of weeks for a diet to take effect. The bad breath, for one, is a sign that you're not eating correctly. The fishy smell on thepenis might be due to a yeast infection from overgrowth of candida, which is caused by eating too much sugar.

How many vegetables do you eat a week?

What is your age and weight?
|

I'm 31,5foot8 and 235pounds (I used to be 264) I eat a bowl of vegetables probably twice a day sometimes three times (froze vegetables in a bag for better convenience even thought I don't get all the nutrients)

I had some OXY daily wash with (Benzoyl peroxide) laying around and used it around my crotch area and it seems to have taken the fishy smell away so far anyway.

I used to be a terrible eater, eating out 3+ times a week,eating candy,chocolate ,chips and diet pepsi regualry but have cut all that out.The only sugar I get now is from fiber1 cereal,yougurt,whey protein and sometimes V8 juice and what ever little is in those light tv dinners.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Scott, if you can, I'd suggest that you see a nutritionist to set up a long term diet plan, and to give you encouragement., You're headed in the right direction, but there could be foods that you should avoid totally, and a nutritionist can help. For example, dairy products are highly acidic and create an environment for acid reflux. You're looking at a whole lifestyle change, and you could use professional advice.

Smile

luvcomp

Rooted
|