Medical Questions > Relationships > Relationships and Marriage Forum

I really need help...I'm worried about my marriage.

Hi. So my husband and I have been together for 5 years and married for 3 and we are both 26. Overall we have had a pretty happy marriage other than a few little fights which I think is normal. A few days ago an old fling contacted him on Facebook and was telling him that she loves him. I have met her once or twice before, but never enough to make any kind of judgment of her, but she has on several occasions called me a stuck up princess to my husband. It got to the point that he just stopped talking to her. Now all of a sudden she wants to be a part of his life and refers to me as "the woman who took ownership of his body." It caused a little argument between us because he was defending her, but eventually he told her that she needs to back off. He is currently out if town for a few weeks and our only way of communicating is through Facebook because there is no cell service where he us. When we were discussing this he said that he felt we are in a weird point right now. I didn't understand and he tried to elaborate, but couldn't find a way for me to understand. He said things such as "I feel like an a**hole because I see the way you look at me and I can't look back at you the same way. I wish I could because I don't want to hurt you." He says he's happy with me, that he still loves me, and I am still attractive to him, but something just doesn't feel right. He sent me a message tonight saying that he knows what he has to say to me now, but he would prefer to do it in person. He will be home in 2 days and I am fearing the worst. He has been working out of town for about ten months now, with him being gone for weeks at a time, but only home for, at the most, 4 days. He was home at Christmas for a few weeks, and because of his absence I had changed a little and started living a life separate from him. Nothing serious, just new friends he doesn't know. We have both been so extremely honest with each other about everything so I trust him more than I could ever imagine. I'm just really worried about what's happening now.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 10th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi MCS1985 and welcome to ehealth: I think the two of you should have a long talk and find out what is going on in your marriage......Being away from one's partner is not good for a marriage...The first thing you should do is to try and make some changes to be together....Otherwise, I am not sure where this will go...Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?