Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

i-pill delay periods ? (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hi,

my girlfriend had taken an i-pill after un-protected sex just as a precaution though i dint cum inside her.

her period is delayed by over 8 days now. i am tensed. please let me know if it is normal after taking an i-pill(it is a emergency contraceptive pill).
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper sanjanasahu
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
She should test for pregnancy first to make sure the pill worked.

If the test comes negative then relax- the pill worked. Her periods will be a little crazy for awhile and she can't really expect it to come at any normal time for at least three months after taking the pill. Her period may be heavy or extremely light, and it will be normal.

Now would be a good time to look into another form of birth control, so accidents don't happen again. Smile
|

replied July 21st, 2011
I had anal sex with my G.f on 19 aug (during her periods) and after sex i thought some semen (just little) went near her vagina . so she took i pill on second day of period dat is on 20 aug (within 24 hrs) n she had no bleeding on dat day .

On her 3rd day it was very less bleeding ?
can she get pregnant?
plz rply to it asap... plz ...
|

replied May 17th, 2012
I had anal sex with my G.f on 19 aug (during her periods) and after sex i thought some semen (just little) went near her vagina . so she took i pill on second day of period dat is on 20 aug (within 24 hrs) n she had no bleeding on dat day .

On her 3rd day it was very less bleeding ?
can she get pregnant?
plz rply to it asap... plz ..

Read more: Menstruation Forum - i-pill delay periods ? http://ehealthforum.com/health/i-pill-dela y-periods-t146718.html#ixzz1v7RkPaxT
|

replied October 24th, 2011
last month on 19th sep i had i pill after having sex i took pill
last month on 19th sep i had i pill after having sex i took pill within 2 hrs bt till now no periods m worried pls help me pls
|

replied July 9th, 2008
Thanks. she got her periods yesterday night. i am a lot relaxed now. Thanks for your support.
|
Users who thank praveen for this post: jaqe 

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Glad things worked out for you. Smile
|

replied May 28th, 2011
mam i had sex on 24th april of last month and took ipill the very next day but till now periods didnt cum so i am tensed ..........Sad
|

replied March 15th, 2009
ipill
i have had unprotected sex with my husband just after 3 days of my period..Even i took ipill within 24 hrs just to rule out any chance of pregnancy but still my periods are delayed by 10 days
|

replied May 28th, 2009
i had taken i pill on may 2 within 24 hours of having sex and my period date is 23 and till yet as it is 28 i havent got my periods have taken pregnancy test too which is negative. im really tensed please help please
|

replied June 7th, 2009
unexpected vaginal bleeding after taking ipill.
i have had unprotected sex with my boyfriend just after 5 days of my period..and taken ipill(cipla ipill) in less than 12 hrs and after 5 days experienced vaginal bleeding it was heavy n today is 3rd day still i have lite bleeding ,is this normal and also my periods will be regular r delayed i am woried please help me ..
|
Users who thank Pentium23 for this post: sharifas 

replied June 7th, 2009
to pentium
hiee dere..dont worry its normal wen u take i pill for the frst time.. your periods will be irregular bt den it will be fine.. avoid using i-pill its nt a gud medicine.. as it causes infertility... take care dnt worry
|

replied March 4th, 2012
Hi..
Hii, i had sex wit my gf, she took i-pill too, but periods are delaying, actually date was on feb 11th, its 4th march, till no periods.. pls help me.. main the sujjetions to .. pls.. i'm tensed..
|

replied June 8th, 2009
to sanjanasahu

hi ..experiencing vaginal bleeding but my date is on 25 of every month but i have started bleeding from 5th ,after taking ipill is it a side effect and for how many days it will be bleed ,it 4th day today n stil i am bleeding ..pleae help i am tensed
|

replied June 8th, 2009
to pentium
hiee..its normal to have vaginal bleeding wen u take i-pill n ur periods will come dis is just the side effect of i-pill n it depends on ur body function for how many days it will bleed... dnt be tensed its just due to i-pill.. tk care
|

replied July 1st, 2009
i had taken i pill on may 2 within 24 hours of having sex and my period date is 18 and till yet as it is 1 i havent got my periods have taken pregnancy test too which is negative. im really tensed please help please
|

replied July 6th, 2009
HI every1,
I have taken i pill 31st of May and took i pill with 5hrs ,and experieced severe vaginal bleeding on 4th june as sanjanasahu reply it is quite common to get bleeding for 4-5days ,and it did happen n was happy abt that ,but my regular period date is 25th of every month today is 6th july i am tensed dat i will get periods this month r else do i need to wait for some more days .Could any one help me Please ..
|

replied July 9th, 2009
i have had unprotected sex with my boyfriend just after 5 days of my period..and taken ipill(cipla ipill) in less than 12 hrs and after 5 days experienced vaginal bleeding it was heavy n today is 3rd day still i have lite bleeding ,is this normal and also my periods will be regular r delayed i am woried please help me ..
|

replied July 9th, 2009
still waitng for response ..for my reply ....does it delay long tym r else need to consult doctor...
|

User Profile
replied July 17th, 2009
Do i need to go for a pregnancy check ? I took an i-pill within 72 hrs of having unprotected Sex. My period dates were 14 and today being 17 have no symptoms of my chums commencing .. Need urgent help as to how long can i wait to be certain
|

replied August 4th, 2009
Pregnancy doubt?
my wife has taken i pill within 72 hours but still the problem seems to be on my head as her period already delayed by 20 days a and the home pregnancy strip test shows negative. I am very tensed cause i don't want a baby and she too. Is there any way to find out whether she is pregnant or not rather than pregnancy strip.
|

replied August 20th, 2012
pregnancy tests negative still no chums
Mawerick, I am having the same issue I gave her the pill in 72 hrs timing did it worked.! I'm really tensed now the pregnency strips are showing negative and its almost 20 days now she has not got her chums will you help me did ur gf got pregnant or it worked out btn u guyz Sad Please please help me
|

replied August 20th, 2009
hi
i have been told by some one that i-pill makes you in period faster..like next day or in next week...Is it true?
|

I have unprotectd sex with my girlfriend..I think i didnt cum inside..So what can be the chance of her to be get pregnant if i cumd like 2 drops..
|

Experienced User
if it got on the vulva it could find away inside, therefore she could get pregnant
|

replied September 12th, 2009
HI,

Recenlty i had sex with my GF twice ,before 4 days of her period without condom.But i didnt cum inside her at all.
On the same day night my gf experienced heavy white discharge from her vagina for 3 days. Still her periods have not come i wanted to know whether shez pregnant or not ..COuld please help me i am woried
|

replied November 10th, 2012
pregnancy test
i had sex on 3rd november,and took a i-pill on 5th october,my last periods started on 13th october &,i still havent got my periods now till 10th november ? what could be the cause? please reply when can pregnancy be detected as soon as possible?
|
Quick Reply