Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stroke Forum

I often get What feels like prickles ...

Must Read
What happens during a stroke? What increases your chances of having a stroke? Stroke basics and info on the two types of stroke here....
Strokes can happen with virtually no warning signs. Learn the symptoms of stroke so that you can take immediate action in case of emergency....
I recently suffered a stroke and I'm experiencing some very unusual feelings.

I often get What feels like prickles in my left arm, hand and face...quite painful.

Right arm feels like it's a painful dead weight and mobility is severely restricted.

When my arm feels like I have mentioned above my eye sight goes bad as well... also get dizzy.

My stomach churns, Can feel what I can only describe as rods/bars in my stomach, groin,left leg,right arm and hand... and stops at my knee cap, occasionally this moves up my body... sometimes as far as my face.

My voice goes higher than usual when I'm feeling dizzy.

Once had pins and needles in my face for 22 hours.

Peripheral vision is very blurred. Also, the best way I can describe another symptom is that my eyes go " slitty "

My right foot sometimes feels like it's at an angle and becomes very painful to walk.

I have been to the Doctor several times and they just have no answers for me, all the say is that I shouldn't be feeling like that.

Any help or advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Leigh.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 20th, 2012
Welcome to e health forum.

Once stroke occurs, and results in damage to specific parts of the brain, depending on the severity of the injury persistent effects can persist. Some remnant effects can present as weakness, difficulty in speech, vision defects, loss of memory, etc.

In addition to them occasional symptoms due to irritation of neurons can present as seizures - which can present as sensory or motor issues. Sensory effects like tingling, pins and needles, numbness, visual defects, etc or motor defects like weakness or paralysis of a limb

The symptoms you are feeling appear probably to be due to a complex partial seizure, a form of stroke complication.

You might benefit by consulting with a neurologist, who can gain additional information and if possible treat you with antiepileptic medications which may help to reduce your symptoms. Tests like nerve conduction studies, or a MRI can also be done to rule out other possible causes.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Stroke , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.