Medical Questions > Relationships > Broken Hearted Forum

I never had a girlfriend, why?

User Profile
Ok, i wouldn't have asked this question if i knew i was an ugly loser with no future. The thing is that i never had a girlfriend altough many girls have told me how cute and handsome i am and many are even now flirting with me all the time. I also go to the gym and i made some nice pecs, abs and biceps and all my friends say: "with those pecs your sure a lady's killer" and my family asks me: "how many girlfriends do you have right now?" So why is it i don't have a girlfriend if i meet the "requirements" of almost all girls. I have to admit that i am also very shy when girls are around i can't even think straight when a girl wishes to talk with me could that be the explanation?
Thank you very much!
IM NOT GAY!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper W0LF
|

replied April 15th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
Girls as a species do not have requirements. Every female requires different things of a man and they lax those requirements as they choose. The one thing virtually no girl wants is a guy who doesn't have the confidence to engage them. Your shyness is going to be your most clear obstacle in having a relationship with a girl. You're better off being ugly and poor with remarkable self-confidence than wealthy and cute with no game. Work on finding the confidence to approach women and start conversations with them. Take small steps, don't allow yourself to chicken-out. Even if you fail or embarass you or somehow anger a girl it is progress from watching girls in the corner.
|

replied April 15th, 2010
Hi this sounds like my brother. I know that times have changed and that girls are more likely then ever to come up to a man. However I have never approached a guy even if I liked him. I might throw him some hints but that's about all. We are all a bit afraid of rejection. You did not mention your age so I do not know how old you are. Also all girls want a guy that will make them feel special. Remember that always. So look for signs, you stated you noticed girls flirting with you already. When one flirts with you that you are interested in ask her to go out with you sometime. What is the worst that could happen she says no. Also, try online dating. I find it easier to talk and get to know someone online than face to face. When you do find someone you are interested in don't rush things be friends first just find away to talk and get to know her the rest will follow.
|

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2010
im 15
|

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2010
im 15
|

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2010
baileymae100101 wrote:
Hi this sounds like my brother. I know that times have changed and that girls are more likely then ever to come up to a man. However I have never approached a guy even if I liked him. I might throw him some hints but that's about all. We are all a bit afraid of rejection. You did not mention your age so I do not know how old you are. Also all girls want a guy that will make them feel special. Remember that always. So look for signs, you stated you noticed girls flirting with you already. When one flirts with you that you are interested in ask her to go out with you sometime. What is the worst that could happen she says no. Also, try online dating. I find it easier to talk and get to know someone online than face to face. When you do find someone you are interested in don't rush things be friends first just find away to talk and get to know her the rest will follow.

hi, thanks and im 15
|

replied April 20th, 2010
lala88 its funny how ur so fast to judge especially whe nu have no idea of anything bout the appearance of this person. jus quit bein rude ppl come to this forum for advice not to get put down by complete strangers
|

replied April 20th, 2010
there is always more behind a simple photo
|

replied April 25th, 2010
im like u except im 20..... im a dj, popular with guys. but cant get a girl to save my life. iv kinda given up tbh which is probly not for the best but iv come to be angry at girls in general so i find myself rejecting advances. lifes hard =/
|

replied April 26th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
rave900
There's no reason to be angry at girls for being who they were raised to be. It sucks that you weren't born a cassanova, virtually no man is and the ones who are born to attract women allways pale when you compare them to the men that work hard at learning how to woo women. Put asside your bitterness and work at getting to really know girls, anger is like a poison when you're trying find love.
|

replied April 27th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
For someone to love you then you must love yourself...something that took me a long time to realize..I am at the gym and it is helping my confidence..good luck..Jenny
|

replied October 6th, 2010
Experienced User
I wouldn't panic - I mean I went out with a 37 year old guy who told me that I was his first girlfriend, I could have burst out laughing but I thought it was really cute - so what I'm saying is , is there's no hurry to get a girlfriend.

I personally hate the way everyone under 35 today is unreligious and it's somehow exceptable to have a string of girlfriend/boyfriends before meeting the one. In the olden days it was seen as not acceptable and really rarely happened to date someone before marriage and even then it was frowned apon. I know someone who is 65 ish , who was adopted and her real father is married with a different family - but the 65 year old lady is too embarassed to approach her father's family since they are of the belief that his first lover was their mother not the previous adopted lady's mother.

I think it would be nice if we could go back to olden days tradition. I mean I have spent hours and hours chatting to guys over the internet and it's rare you meet anyone who you want to speak to for a second time. Most guys are loosers. It's rare to meeet a virgin under 35 and also it's rare to meet anyone who wants to meet up even. LOL. So I would just concerntrate on your studies and try and forget about girls.

Also I hate to put a stumper on things, however you cannot presume because a girl is chatting to you , that they fancy you. I have felt this about guys many times then asked a descrete question to work out if they are interested and they never are, or rarely.

Actions speak louder than words - mayeb someone you have seen loads and loads and trust you could ask out which could lead to a marriage or long lasting relationship would be far far better.

My parents tried to stop me from loosing my vaginity at 17 and I really really regret sleeping with a guy who I'd known only for a few days and he was off the internet and came and visited me for a week when i stayed with my older sister for a week at her place. If I could turn back the clocks I would have waited for the right guy.

I have my eyes on someone who's around 49 or 50 and I suspect he's never had a girlfriend before because he seems a really shy type and really really loyal to me and nice guy. He's such a sweety I have not seen him for about 4 years now but he's on my msn contact list.
I'm just trying to pluck up courage to ring his private number (I hope it is) which is in the phone book. But I think I'm going to get a male friend (a guy I have chatted to over the internet - but that I'm not interested in as he's no virgin) .

So if i were you, wait for the right go. Don't go and loose your vaginity when you are young - save it for "the one".
|

replied October 6th, 2010
Experienced User
PS. I meant to say I am going to try and get a male friend off the internet, to ring up this guy I fancy , the 49 or 50 year old (the guy I hope is still a virgin), to see whether he wants to go for a coffee.

You can only try. Wish me luck!
|

replied October 8th, 2010
Hey kid. Your 15 right? Just start by saying hello. Start talking about how cold it was or hot outside. Then ask her what's her favorite food. Then invite her and her friends and say u want to go out in a group with your buddies to her favorite eating place. IT'S THAT EASY! If she says no because she's busy or not just ask her friend out and propose the same thing. I doubt she'll say no. Go out in group first it's A LOT EASIER until you get comfortable talking to girls. Ask them questions about homework and tell them to explain you things. Girls love helping guys and find it cute. It's kinda of their maternal side kicking in and that's flattering. Be thankful and give her a nice little rose for being a great friend from outside or get her a chocolate bar just because. That stuff always works.
|
Tags: admit, abs gym
Quick Reply