Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

I need some help.

Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
I am bipolar and just have gotten married recently. I'm feeling really overwhelmed, I am acting out all the time, I am not on medication. I am fighting with him over nothing, all the way down to him tapping his fingers, playing World of Warcraft, and not understanding how I am feeling. I have been sleeping a lot, being really irritable. I don't know what to do, I can't control myself lately.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 20th, 2010
Experienced User
Very typical Bipolar behaviour, you need to see to it otherwise you will give this poor man a terrible time. Please get yourself sorted, my man gave me a horrendous time of fights, blaming me, cheating, irritability, saying he does not have feelings any more for me, still wanting to see me and blowing hot and cold, I really can say it has been hell and it takes a lot of love from a partner to understand and accept it.
|

replied January 2nd, 2011
Jessica, if the cause is a physical imbalance, I would suggest seeing a naturopath. My sister's schizoaffective disorder has been cured with natural remedies, now. And a new diet, as well. Don't even start with antipsych drugs.
If the cause is psychological stress or an emotional event/trauma, then psychotherapy, alone, may suffice. Either way- stay away from the drugs! Hope this helps.
|

replied January 7th, 2011
Thank you london2z. That means a lot to me, I'll look into it.

And Reggiane I apologize that you've had to deal with that with your man. There's a difference between trying to get help and actually being in denial. I'm trying to seek help for my problem. I just don't know what paths I should go down or if it's even worth it. I know I need medication but I also need to accompany it with therapy. Thereapy has never worked for me though. I don't know. I have a chemical imbalance throughout my body. I just am trying to do what's best by my husband.
|

You're welcome, but please consider my suggestion about seeing a naturopath, rather than drugs and mainstream doctors. Those will only lead you to drug side-effects and non-cures. With natural methods, by what you're describing, you should be fine in a short time. And they cure the source of the imbalances, not just cover up the symptoms. As for therapy- it's only effective, primarily, in cases with psychological causes, rather than physical imbalances. Good luck! sunny
|

Yeah, I have a lot of stuff going on. Mostly prescribed bull. I have bipolar, manic depresion, manic anxiety, and a hard time adjusting as the doctor would say. But I am definitely going to consider going to see a naturopath. It sounds like a healthier route than drugs. I tried the medications before and it just didn't seem to work. It wasn't balancing anything.
|

replied January 8th, 2011
I know that naturopathics is expensive, but worth it, if your mental and physical health are important to you. You can usually find a free consultation. Good luck!
|

replied January 9th, 2011
Jessica, if you can't afford a naturopath, I'd suggest an amazing super-supplement. I've been doing a lot of research on natural supplements for mental illness over the last 6 months, and this one has everything that you need. Just trying to help. You see, (preferably pharmaceutical-grade), Omega-3 fish oil has been found to be very effective for bipolar disorder. And also vitamin B-12, which is included in the capsules, along with CoQ10, a powerful antioxidant, l-carnitine, and vit. E. This particular Omega-3 has a higher level of DHA than EPA, so it is more effective than others. If you find it is ineffective, you can get a refund. The capsules are about $31.00 a month. $19.00/mo. if you get 6 mo.'s worth. But don't take Omega-3 if you're taking blood thinners. . Good luck! By the way, cutting down on sweets, and eating balanced meals and multivamin/minerals may be all you need, as well.
|

replied January 9th, 2011
natural alternatives
Jessica, if you can't afford a naturopath, then pharmaceutical-grade, Omega-3 fish oil capsules, (at-least 1 gram a day), and vitamin B-12 are effective for bipolar disorder. (Don't take Omega-3 if you're on blood-thinners, though). And a balanced diet, along with multivitamins and exercise should help, also. I think they pulled my last post due to the name of a distributor of fish oil that I listed, along with phone #. So I'm re-writing it, here. Too bad I can't give you more info on that particular brand of fish-oil. It is awesome stuff! It covers the whole spectrum. I guess you can email me to get the info, if you want. Gl!
|

replied January 11th, 2011
Thank you very much, it means a lot to me. I'm definitely going to look into all of these vitamins and definitely put myself to a healthier diet because I feel like that's the best way to potentially get better just naturally. I am going to look into going to a naturopath. Which shouldn't be a huge deal, I have really awesome medical insurance so I need to take use of it the best I can. I'm going to see how this all goes before I resort to any sort of medication.
|

replied January 12th, 2011
You're welcome! I hope your insurance will cover it. I know that Medicare won't. Ironically, the only medical science that really cures, isn't covered.
Sorry, I should have known that they wouldn't allow the name or ph# of the Omega-3 capsule I mentioned. Probably better to first consult a naturopath, anyway. Rather than try any quick-fixes.
I hope it works out for you. I've been commenting on various blogs about this.
|

replied January 15th, 2011
Well my husband is in the Army and I pretty much have the best healthcare you could ever get in the world. Thank you very much regardless.
|

replied January 17th, 2011
Experienced User
JessicaCaylee - When the mood strikes you to lash out....remember who you are lashing out against....it's a loved one. If you focus on loving the person instead of lashing out hopefully that will help you control the moods. If your religious.....seek out God for help. Remember...all things are possibly with God. Your in my prayers that your marriage becomes a loving/caring and wonderful union between you and your husband.

Chris
|

replied January 17th, 2011
Thank you very much Chris. I do try and keep that in mind, but it doesn't work. I can't get a control of anything that I'm saying and I get so mad that I sometimes get to a point where I black out. Love just isn't enough. I am not religious, but thank you. Thank you very much for the kind words, it was reassuring. I will try to keep in mind what you said.

-Jessica.
|