Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acid Reflux Forum

I manage it with lime

Must Read
Almost everyone experience heartburn or acid indigestion at times. But what is acid reflux and how could it cause more serious problems?...
Can you tell the difference between common heartburn symptoms and signs of more serious digestive problems? Learn when and how to take action for acid reflux....
Heartburn is common, but it is not trivial. It's important to diagnose and treat heartburn or acid reflux as early as possible. Review diagnostic procedure now...
I am 39yr man who used to take ranitidine after nexium stopped working. I read one of the article that lime can cure the GERD and tried it. I took a week vacation to local cottage and dicontinued ranitidine and started drinking lime water that I made ,twice a day. It's working like a charm. Get a lime and cut in half and cut in one forth again, squeezed in a glass of water twice a day. I leave the rest of lime in refigerator. Worth to try.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper thewall70
|

replied October 14th, 2010
Cheers I'll give it a go. No wonder I like Mojitos so much and seem to be the only alcahol that doesn't make me sick! Does it turn into alkaline? because I thought limes were quite acidic.
|

replied October 21st, 2010
Lime and Acid Reflux
the wall70 thanks for the tip my wife and I grow limes in our backyard and often flavor our water with a slice of lime.Recently I have noticed that the reflux hasn't been as bad.Starting today I will put the juice of 1/4 lime in my water twice a day.
Thanks. I may also increase the mojito intake.
|