Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I'm ugly and i know it!

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
User Profile
baffle i am 20 will be 21 in April. i am fat and ugly an hairy. me brothers are a shamed that they have a fat ugly sister. i have few friends. everyone at college seem to laugh at me its been like this for 20 yrs now. i never get invited to parties or weddings and no one seems to like it when i'm around me family says i'm pretty but i know they just trying to make me feel better. i have this online lover who thinks i am beautiful and hes ugly i think vice versa. i am depressed the doctors say i have PCOS an suggest i take birth control. i have hair every wear on my body like a stupid wookie. i get made fun of online and in real life. so why does the guy i i like think i am beautiful an why does he think hes ugly when hes hot black an muscular! im just one ugly white girl with depression!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 31st, 2012
im to ugly online that no one will reply sigh
|

replied February 1st, 2012
Experienced User
It sounds like the only problem that you have is a negative self image.... If you are constantly downing yourself and exuting negativity thats what you are going to get back. I do not know what you look like so I can't really get into that but I do know that everyone is diffrent and thats what makes us beautiful.... Just like I find a certian type of man attractive thats not to say the others are ugly... There is someone for everyone Smile and if its your physical appearence is the sole cause of your depression perhaps you should consider working on the areas that provoke these insecurities.... if its excess hair go out and get a trim or a wax.... if its extra weight why not exercise instead of bashing yourself and indulging in these insecurities??? its not healthy. If you don't love you .... you will be hard pressed to find some else to. Be strong, there are people that have issues far mor intense than those that you described that don't have an easy fix... be thankful for what you do have to work with... own who you are... decide who you want to be and go for it! Good Luck to you!
|

replied February 1st, 2012
Experienced User
It sounds like the only problem that you have is a negative self image.... If you are constantly downing yourself and exuting negativity thats what you are going to get back. I do not know what you look like so I can't really get into that but I do know that everyone is diffrent and thats what makes us beautiful.... Just like I find a certian type of man attractive thats not to say the others are ugly... There is someone for everyone Smile and if its your physical appearence is the sole cause of your depression perhaps you should consider working on the areas that provoke these insecurities.... if its excess hair go out and get a trim or a wax.... if its extra weight why not exercise instead of bashing yourself and indulging in these insecurities??? its not healthy. If you don't love you .... you will be hard pressed to find some else to. Be strong, there are people that have issues far mor intense than those that you described that don't have an easy fix... be thankful for what you do have to work with... own who you are... decide who you want to be and go for it! Good Luck to you!
|

User Profile
replied February 2nd, 2012
Experienced User
Does it really matter WHY he thinks you're beautiful, or just that he thinks so in the first place? I've seen lots of people wrestle with that one.

As for the hair thing--a little research indicates it's probably connected to your PCOS and that it's hormonal in nature, the birth control pills could help. Could be insulin resistance related as well, which also invokes a hormonal mechanism.

I think brittntc made some good points as well.
|

User Profile
replied February 5th, 2012
What I would say is your 20 years old your life is in front of you if i were you I would turn my life around... I lost 4 stone in one year at the age of 15 I was 15 stone I told myself enough was enough ... As for the hair thing there are a lot of things out their for hair removal Laser treatment, medication, everything! You should know that every person is beautiful inside and out some have more on one side but the only thing stopping you from changing yourself is you. You can make a change or just sit back and take other peoples opinions Very Happy
|

User Profile
replied February 5th, 2012
Mewliz, I would strongly recommend that you see a counselor about your self hatred. We are all beautiful in one way or another. I relate a lot with you because I used to really hate the way I looked.

Much Love,
A.J.
|

replied February 13th, 2012
Remember: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

People who you are with, they dont see how gorgeous you are. Im pretty sure many people consider you are beautiful, and by my experience no one will notice the great you are if you are letting yourself go down all time.

Go to the beauty, be pretty for yourself, call some friends and just chill. Remember, lifes short to be sitting around miserable. We all feel depressed at some point but life is about to move forward with what you got.
|

replied February 13th, 2012
Remember: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

People who you are with, they dont see how gorgeous you are. Im pretty sure many people consider you are beautiful, and by my experience no one will notice the great you are if you are letting yourself go down all time.

Go to the beauty, be pretty for yourself, call some friends and just chill. Remember, lifes short to be sitting around miserable. We all feel depressed at some point but life is about to move forward with what you got.
|