Medical Questions > Relationships > Broken Hearted Forum

I'm trying to convince myself I'm over him......

My boyfriend and I got together on February 24th,2010 and Broke up with me on August 26th,2010.
We had a good relationship for the first 4 months, then the last 2 months just totally broke me apart and then came the day he finally broke up with me.
I totally took care of him and all his needs and he took care of me financially, we were cute together and good together.
Well He started a job where he works out in a field and that's when everything went downhill so fast and I tried so hard to avoid it.
I had the feeling he was cheating on me with his so called co-worker and I kept confronting him about it and he would deny it and deny it saying he would never screw her again and never want to.....(his co-worker was also his ex)
On the 25th he was home but didn't come to bed with me and she was at the house, he slept with her with me around..... So on the 26th I pulled him aside for the final time and asked what was going on, he then said there was no more reason to beat around the bush and that he would rather be with her.
This just so happens to be the 10th guy I have had cheat on me and leave me for a specific type of girl, a blond......
I thought I was getting over him but then he showed back up at the house today with her....(he moved out to live with her in her dad's basement) and now I'm thinking about all the unanswered questions I have for him and how he's better off with me cause damn he looked like hell.
He never looked that bad when he was with me and now I'm just blah and depressed trying to figure out what to do cause I've been trying to convince myself that I'm over him but now it seems as though I may not be no matter how much I try to convince myself......

Anybody have any advice to help heal my broken heart.....I truly loved this man! and still do!!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 26th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi LaceyDawn21,
There is nothing you can do to keep a man who is lying and cheating on you with his ex-wife. It's really difficult when you are in love with someone who may or may not be in love with you. Perhaps,he does probably, because of the guilt he feels for what he's done to you. If this is the 10th guy that has left you, I suggest you contact as many of them as you can and ask them if it was you, if so what specifically, it was that ran them off. You need to know this so you don't keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again; or maybe it isn't you at all, maybe you are just picking the wrong type of guys. Don't get into another relationship until you get some feedback from those guys. As for this current one, let his ex-wife have him. I think he has proved that he can't be trusted. Although, his ex probably had a part in him going back to her bed, he still had the option of saying "No Thanks."

Good Luck,

Faded Rose
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank FadedRose for this post: LaceyDawn21