Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

I'm So Glad I Had An Abortion. (Page 1)

It was the best decision I ever made.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 27th, 2009
Experienced User
I will never say I am "glad" I had an abortion, because I am not. I hope I am never in that situation again. However, I am SO glad that I had the option to choose abortion. Afterward, I felt the most relived I have ever felt in my entire life. I can't imagine what my body and mind would have had to go through if I had been forced to carry that unwanted pregnancy against my will. The abortion was physically painful, but mentally I couldn't wait for "it" to be out of me, and the pain was worth it. I have never regretted my choice. Ever.
|

replied February 27th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
lucy, you said it perfectly.
|
Users who thank aochriss for this post: lucy315 

replied February 28th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
Though I wasn't glad to be facing an unwanted and unwelcome pregnancy, I am glad that safe, legal abortion was available to me. I cannot safely gestate a pregnancy, so abortion would be a life saver for me, besides being a sanity saver!
|

replied February 28th, 2009
Aw, come on. You know you were all partying in those stirrups, drinking champagne and planning your next abortion the whole time! At least, that's what a disturbing number of prolifers seem to think of any woman that willingly aborts.
|

User Profile
replied March 1st, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
I'm glad I didn't have a kid.
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
I'm so glad I had a baby!! Having a kid is the best experience ever!! Smile
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2009
Community Volunteer
Duh, you planned your "kid". I dislike that word. "Kid". Ugh, it's a child, not goat offspring. Anyway. You PLANNED your child. Of course it's the best experience. I am glad that I had my children as well, even though they were not planned. I am also glad that I had those ectopic pregnancies removed. Via surgical laparoscopic abortion. Lest my children be left without a mother.
|

replied March 3rd, 2009
NA, it might have been the best experience for you but it isn't for everyone. It's certainly not for me. I'd rather have a root canal every day for a month.
|

replied March 4th, 2009
i agree completely with what motherofhighspiritedones said.

msrosie, it will get better though.
i have those days too where i think, is this seriously what my life has come to? a crying baby, bottles and cleaning poop of some little ones bum each day?
but i have faith that things will turn around and things will get better.
your right not everyone feels the same way about having kids, but know it will get better.
|

User Profile
replied March 4th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
ProudMommyof2008 wrote:
i agree completely with what motherofhighspiritedones said.

msrosie, it will get better though.
i have those days too where i think, is this seriously what my life has come to? a crying baby, bottles and cleaning poop of some little ones bum each day?
but i have faith that things will turn around and things will get better.
your right not everyone feels the same way about having kids, but know it will get better.

Proudmommy (and I wonder why you choose that username with this comment) what is the fuzz with crying baby, bottles and cleaning poop? It is NO BIG DEAL. You do all this with LOVE. Yes and you wake up at night to feed the baby too but again you wake up with LOVE. It is fascinating to do see a baby that was inside of you grow. You can't stop kissing the baby and you could be forever holding him/her in your arms. I'm gonna melt down when my little one calls me "mama".

I definetly want to have another baby.
|

replied March 4th, 2009
nightangel73 wrote:

Proudmommy (and I wonder why you choose that username with this comment) what is the fuzz with crying baby, bottles and cleaning poop? It is NO BIG DEAL. You do all this with LOVE. Yes and you wake up at night to feed the baby too but again you wake up with LOVE. It is fascinating to do see a baby that was inside of you grow. You can't stop kissing the baby and you could be forever holding him/her in your arms. I'm gonna melt down when my little one calls me "mama".

I definetly want to have another baby.

Because unlike some people, she acknowledges that the incubation and rearing of children isn't something everyone would enjoy (though she did go into the "bingo's" a little with the assumption that msrosie would (tm)"change her mind" some day).

One can be proud of their choice to have children or not to without pretending there aren't hard moments, assuming that everyone feels the way they do or insisting that those who don't are somehow abnormal or disturbed.

What you see as "fascinating" is in fact horrifying for more women than you'd care to acknowledge. Some of us are just as dusgusted as men would be by the thought of something growing in our bodies and bursting out in a spew of blood, mucus and torn tissue. Where do you think the idea of the movie "Aliens" came from? Men wouldn't want to give birth any more than childfree women want to! In fact, I daresay that if the perpetuation of the human species were left up to men to carry the burden of incubation and birth, we'd have died out long ago or the question of abortion rights wouldn't even be an issue.
|

replied March 4th, 2009
i chose this name because i am proud to be a mom. and even the proudest of moms can feel the stress and heckticness of having a child.
life if not filled with sunshine and roses when a child is born. things are hard even for the proud parents.
he is not just a crying baby, he is a constant crying baby. i rarely have time to have a shower, brush my teeth, eat, get dressed because the second i go to the washroom, to get changed etc. he cries. i cant juggle him in one arm and do 5 things at once.
i am happy to be a parent, i would not have things any other way, but sometimes i do wish i had a day to be a regular 19 yr old.
i do everything for my child with love, and the love and care i have for my child is unexplainable and runs deeper than water, and i think it takes a big person to admit what i wrote above. i am just being honest.
I know it is fascinating and wonderful to feel my child grow inside me, it is wonderful to be a parent, it is very rewarding, but very draining at the same time. i still would not have things any other way though.
i was simply telling the poster before me than everyone has been there, felt like things were so unbearable and what not and that she is not alone.

of course i cant stop kissing, loving caring, etc. for my child because of the fact that i love him deeply and would give my entire life to him. but i still do sometimes wish things were a tad easier.
i will melt too when my son finally calls me "mama" instead of "dada" which is what he calls everything lol
not every one deals with parenthood the way everyone else does. some people feel its a little more stressful than others. but does that make them a bad parent? and are you implying that i dont love care and are a bad parent for the comment i wrote above?

right now, im not thinking of another baby, that does not mean i dont want another, i just cant handle another right now considering my son is 5 months and things are starting to lighten up a little more...just wait till he starts teething! ahh! lol

I am a proud mother, and i will stick to this name and continue to say i am proud till i die.
just because of the comment above does not mean i should not have this name or be proud to be a parent. because at the end of the day, i do everything with love, and would take a bullet for my son.
|
Users who thank ProudMommyof2008 for this post: Darkmoon 

replied March 5th, 2009
Thank you, Proudmommy. You've spoken up where many parents are too afraid to. Motherhood isn't easy and it's not sunshines and rainbows 24/7. It requires a lot more than just proving one's reproductive organs work and I'm glad that some mothers are willing to inform of the downsides as well as the good points.

Prolifers want "Informed Consent" for abortion but I have never seen them advocate for the same when it comes to childbirth and childrearing. They want women to know only the negatives of abortion and only the positives of birth. If they really want women informed, they'll shoot for forced viewing of painful, complimented births as well as botched abortion procedures and ultrasounds.

"Informed" must cover both grounds for a woman to truly make an "informed" decision, after all.

I'm glad there are some parents out there that don't sugarcoat the hard times.
|
Users who thank Darkmoon for this post: ProudMommyof2008 

replied March 5th, 2009
you are exactally right. people only see what they want to see when they see parents raise children, most do not see what happens when no one is around, how hard things are or how stressful it can be, because when your around people, your all smiley while the baby is screaming your ear off or whatever.
they dont actually see the stressfulness that goes along with it.

i mean why do you think so many other teens all post on here "i want a baby"? because they probably see parents or their friends who are already parents so happy with their child when their around them, but dont see the actual reality of parenting.

im not afraid to admit to things especially to things i know are hard. and its great that some women feel that there are no hardships and everything is just peachy.

i never knew that i would actually be put on the spot light to admitting truthfully to what i know and feel is alot of hard work, patience and perseverance.
i feel and know that nothing in life comes easy. so why must parenting be something that is easy to handle and get by?

your definately right. abortion bad. birth good!! and although i would not abort unless i had to for health reasons for myself and the baby, birth is not easy, and neither is parenting. how you raise your children will result in how that child will turn out as an adult. and if that outcome is bad, somewhere along the lines you went wrong with your parenting a little bit.

i realy dont see how parenting can be something that comes lightly. its hard, but like i said rewarding.
|
Users who thank ProudMommyof2008 for this post: diamondsz 

User Profile
replied March 5th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Don't feel bad, most moms feel the same way except super mom aka "NA."

For myself, child-rearing isn't my thing and not having someone around to help makes it extremely hard.

Between indoor swimming pools, extra laundry, breaking things, making messes and picking up constantly, its not so fun.

Having kids isn't for everyone and it isn't all roses like darkmoon said.
|

User Profile
replied March 5th, 2009
I'd like to add that compared to toddlers/older kids, babies are a piece of cake. They eat, sleep, poop... that's pretty much it. They don't get into things they are not supposed to, dirty things beyond recognition, leave things everywhere, etc. Yes, older kids give you more affection, but they also require more work.
|

User Profile
replied March 5th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Oh god I can hear my calling

Thanks "luvtiedye"

Terrible two stage is horrible, I have two in ti, I don't recognize my walls anymore after having my daughter draw all over them. Thankx for posters and tall furniture.

They always respond with "No."

You could hide things or put them away but they will find them, the joys of kids.

They think its funny when their meals hits the ground, especially when there milk goes along too. Their creativity can amount to them trying to cook the non-edible special of the day, emptying the contents of the fridge into pots.

OOH but the best one yet, paiting their walls and themselves with their own shyte, that was a little gross for me and both did it.

enough said...
|

replied March 5th, 2009
OH MY GOD diamondsz!
and i agree with you, i find that things go by faster and that there's a weight lifted off my shoulder when i have an extra pair of hands around to help out a little.

luvtiedye, although yes infants are "easy" they dont get into all sorts of messes and what not and dont talk back yet, it still is demanding and hard and takes like i said before, alot of patience and what not.
and it makes it even harder to have such great patience, perseverance and all when you are living off of 2-3hours of sleep or no sleep at all.
sorry, i dont function so well when i have about an hour or less of sleep..i dont think anyone functions that well like this..
so i dont think its a "piece of cake".
after 6 hours of having a crying baby, one that had constipation problems, is a complete mama's boy who wont let you take a poop yourself or a shower let alone brush your teeth or sneek a piece of toast in at some point of the day, sorry i disagree on it being a piece of cake.

its easy now yes, because there's no worry on them getting into trouble, but it still is hard work.
|

replied March 5th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Everything I have ever heard about raising children, and the lifestyle involved in parenting, has only cemented my commitment to ensuring I could obtain an abortion if necessary. There is nothing - NOTHING - I have ever heard or seen that makes it something desirable in any way.

Heck, I need a new dog, and I am even dreading having to get a puppy.
|
Quick Reply