Medical Questions > Relationships > GLBT Relationships Forum

I'm so confused.... Could I be Bi?

User Profile
Hi everyone...
I don't really know how to explain things but, I'm 14, and completely confused. For a little over a year now, I've been trying to decide what I am. Am I bisexual? Bicurious? Lesbian? I don't know. I'm just way confused. For nearly 5 months I think it is, I had a girlfriend, who I loved dearly, but something just didn't seem to sit right. We never kissed, and I wasn't much into holding hands. I'm not much into the kissing scene either but anyway... She would always talk about kissing, and how it was a disappointment that we never did.
So when I broke up with her, she was crying her eyes out and I didn't know what to do about it! I hardly felt anything at all when I broke up with her. Does that make me cold? We're still good friends thank goodness but, she's found happiness again already.
I'm attracted to my friends, but I'm not. I've thought of kissing them, but never took those thoughts seriously. I still notice guys and stuff, but I don't pay them much mind... I'm worried about it because I don't want to be bi, because bi means coming out to parents and family and... well... That would be hard for me, because my moms siblings, are all hard core Catholics.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2008
Supporter
Hi, Ichigos.
I'm Zak.

My family is Catholic as well, and I came out to them a few years ago.

I think you're smart. I've read the posts you've written on here and they're all very, very intelligent. I think deep down, you know what you want, but the fear of the results are deterring you from doing what you really feel is right. Tap into that, and develop the courage to be who and what you are. You don't even have to come out to your family right away. Experiment and find out what really makes you happy. Knowing what makes you happy is one of the biggest boosts to self confidence. It will help you later on in life when or if you decide to become open about your sexuality (whether you're straight or bi or a lesbian). Just remember that whatever makes YOU purely happy is what's right. =)
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2008
marvel wrote:
Hi, Ichigos.
I'm Zak.

I think you're smart. I've read the posts you've written on here and they're all very, very intelligent. I think deep down, you know what you want, but the fear of the results are deterring you from doing what you really feel is right. Tap into that, and develop the courage to be who and what you are. You don't even have to come out to your family right away. Experiment and find out what really makes you happy. Knowing what makes you happy is one of the biggest boosts to self confidence. It will help you later on in life when or if you decide to become open about your sexuality (whether you're straight or bi or a lesbian). Just remember that whatever makes YOU purely happy is what's right. =)

Thank you so much. I'll see how far I can dig, without ending up on the other end, and hope to find the answers I'm looking for. (Smart? Not so much. You've got lovely insights on things as well. I'm glad you've got such a large, caring heart.)
|

User Profile
replied March 17th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Ichigos_Passion wrote:
marvel wrote:
Hi, Ichigos.
I'm Zak.

Thank you so much. I'll see how far I can dig, without ending up on the other end, and hope to find the answers I'm looking for. (Smart? Not so much. You've got lovely insights on things as well. I'm glad you've got such a large, caring heart.)

YOU ARE SMART...!!! I think you will do the right thing . There is no hurry you know...take your time, think it over and it will be OK. Smile
|
Quick Reply