Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I'm slowly losing my mind...please help me!!!

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
Hi. I am 27 year old female and I am currently seeing a psychiatrist who is helping me adjust my medicines for depression. My clinical depression has never been this bad before…. I cry for no reason all day every day, I think very violent thoughts and I just feel like I have nothing to live for. I would never kill myself but I hate living. I cant continue to cry all day… It is affecting my work. Please help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 21st, 2011
I was seeing a psychologist for the same reasons this past summer. I told her if we can avoid it, that I really don't want to take anti depressants. We worked through some different tactics for about five weeks and they really helped!

She got me on a strict exercise routine (which was REALLY tough for me, I'm sooooo lazy), of thirty minutes at least three times a week. And your heart really has to be pumping for thirty minutes or it doesn't count! Also, as soon as I started eating more healthy I noticed a change. She got me eating a protein for every single meal, way less carbs, sugar, fat, and caffeine (also really tough because I work in a coffee shop).

I'm also on a vitamin regimen rather than anti depressants. They aren't a cure all, but they really help balance me out a bit. 5HTP is the big one. It's basically just tryptophan (like what's in turkey and milk) and when released properly in your body, it helps you naturally regulate the release of serotonin and melatonin. This helps you sleep better and more deeply, and evens out your mood a bit. This one is tough to find. I'm not sure where you live but in Canada, the only place I can find it is Zellers (like Target), not even at Wal Mart! Along with the 5HTP she got me on iron, vitamin D (which everyone should take anyhow), and B100, which is apparently really important for us gals.

Like I said, this definitely isn't a cure all and I'm not a doctor so we could be completely different from each other. But I honestly started to notice a change after about one week. With no drugs! Au naturale!

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon. Living like that is absolutely the worst.
Keep your chin up! Smile
|

replied July 30th, 2012
dipressed
I am 22 year old male and i am depressed i don't know what is happening with me i do not live any more. I cry for no reason all day every day, I think very violent thoughts and I just feel like I have nothing to live for. I hate living even i wanna kill my self. I cant continue to cry all day It is affecting my work. this is happening with me from last 3 days. i am killing my self every day. Please help
|

replied July 31st, 2012
I would suggest you to search for the right counselor. Someone who knows mental health issues well. They are the one who tend to know more than LCSW. We shopped for the right one. They are not created equal and you have to feel comfortable and most of all, you need to know they have skills.
|