Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

I'm pretty worried about my mom she keeps falling down a lot

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
My mom is like 50 years old. But I've noticed that she fall down a lot. I'm pretty worried because my grandmother used to fall down a lot too she passed away due to this. Since then I've been really worried its like shes walking there are probably no cracks but she falls down anyway. She also says her knee is starting to hurt a lot. Which is also something my grandmother experienced, she couldn't really fold her knee. My mom can but it hurts. Since I'm not home I told my sisters to take her to a doctor they refused since we're kind of broke and they think my mum is just being clumsy but I've gotten worried. Could this be anything serious? Shocked
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 17th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Some knee problems can make a person's legs buckle under them and they fall, often without warning. She needs to see a doctor about this because she could seriously hurt herself and it's probably only going to get worse.

At the very least, see if you can get her to use a cane or a walker, that way if she does lose her balance, she will have something to brace against. Also, installing grip bars and anti-slip decals in the shower would be another important step.

If money is that much of an issue, see if your mom qualifies for public medical assistance. If she gets treatment early, they may be able to give her medication and physical therapy so she can preserve as much function as possible.

Best of luck.
|
Users who thank MyrahU for this post: HeirofSlytherinn 

replied August 20th, 2011
I use to fall all the time and was tripping and my knee buckles inward, This May I was diagnosed with a large cysts in my brain on the left side, I have always dragged my right leg and thought that is was from when I was an infant and had club feet. I would have a ct scan done to rule out a cyst, it could be neurological.
|
Quick Reply