Medical Questions > Relationships > Dating Forum

I'm dating my friends brother and now she's acting strange?

User Profile
All right people help me out with this one. I have been friends with this girl for about 3 years. We've always been close and comfortable sharing everything with each other. We met in college and are now both 22 years old. However, about 3 months ago, her older brother came back to visit and when he did, asked me out on a date. (I should point out that he lives in NYC...and we both love in Washington State. Yeah...) At first everything was cool, but they are very close...practically best friends. I know this and respect it and don't interfere with they're relationship but lately she's been distancing herself. I call and she doesn't respond to my messages. I txt and she barely txts back. I posted on her Facebook and she didn't even acknowledge it. I'm really starting to worry since I really do care about her too. As far as I know, he still keeps in close contact with her. But him and I have also gotten very close, despite the distance. We talk every day. Skype, text, you name it, and really care for each other a lot. I believe that she might be feeling replaced? I want to talk to her about this but she doesn't want to talk! I don't want this relationship to get in the way of our friendship, but I'm also afraid that she might try to get in between my relationship with her brother. What am I supposed to do?!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile CuriousTiff
|

replied January 30th, 2012
Experienced User
That sounds like a sticky situation, the best thing that you can do is get her to sit down and talk to you face to face and get your issues on the table.... not to defend her actions... but you have put your friend in an akward position, so be patient with her she is probably just trying to adjust to this new dynamic. Good Luck!
|
Users who thank brittntc for this post: LaLaLane777 

User Profile
replied January 30th, 2012
She may be backing off because in the grand scheme of things, your friendship with her may not be as promising as your relationship with her brother. What I mean is, maybe she is letting you build your relationship with him because it's good, and being involved in that process may be too wierd/difficult/frustrating, or she may worry her presence and influences may result in an unhappy ending.
Give her time and space, and when she starts to feel the loss of the friendship she will initiate a connect if she wants to rebuild.
|
Users who thank CuriousTiff for this post: LaLaLane777