Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I'm 19 and suffering from depression. Really need help & adv

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
I'm 19 and got diagnosed with depression a year ago. I'm over-weight and have no self-esteem, self-worth or confidence. I use to be ambitious and very career driven yet i seemed to have lost these qualities. I've lost motivation to do anything. I've got to the point where i've thought i can't take anymore.

I find myself getting anxious and worrying about loosing my best friend. Also i feel threatened or jealous if people find him attractive.

Due to my weight i've got no self-esteem, self-worth or confidence. I continuesly compare myself to other girls. Despite being told i'm really pretty and beautiful, i don't believe it. I really want to loose weight but don't have the motivation to do it. I find myself comfort and binge eating when i'm down or upset. I've made myself sick before to try and help me loose weight.

Please help! I don't feel like my friends or family support me and I can't keep feeling like this it's getting me down, this illness and these feelings are ruining my life. I need help controlling my feelings and over-coming them. Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper
|

replied March 7th, 2011
Hey I'm 20 and I was diagnosed at 19, so I know where you're coming from. From my experience - no one can really help you but yourself (for me this was the hardest thing to realise) I still fall into big bouts of depression and it sucks. But the most anyone can do is listen but the rest is up to you - and the thing is, you're young and you can do anything in the world right now. Start small - maybe say cut out crisps and then two weeks later chocolate as well and it will get easier and easier.

In my opinion, though, it's possible to look amazing and still feel like crap, so find out what causes you to feel like this, to over eat. You might need to see a counsellor or a therapist.

Either way, you can totally, totally fix this. Trust:)
|

replied October 5th, 2011
Dear,

You stated that you are depressed, and we know how to help you. We can send you very simple solution that eliminate the roots of depression by e-mail. The solution already helps to thousands of people. We need your email to send you instructions. It will be treated confidently.

No fears
|

replied February 12th, 2012
I'm 19 and suffering from depression to. Can you send me the email too?

Thanks Smile
|

replied October 5th, 2011
Dear,

You stated that you are depressed, and we know how to help you. We can send you very simple solution that eliminate the roots of depression by e-mail. The solution already helps to thousands of people. We need your email to send you instructions. It will be treated confidently.

No fears
|