Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I'm an ugly, pathetic loser

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
I'm a 15 year old guy and I really am the ugliest male in my school. People have told me how bad I look, even the "ugly, reject" girls are disgusted with me. I have bad, greasy skin, a weird face, I'm only 4' 11", and I have an extremely deep voice that makes me sound 40 and doesn't let anyone take me seriously. I'm socially awkward and don't have a social life because people don't really want to be around me. My grades are low and I'm too stupid for my classes. My family and I hate each other. My uncle verbally abused me ever since I can remember and he still does. I have different religious beliefs than the rest of my family and that leads to disagreements. I have NO talents. I don't know what I would lose from committing suicide and I've thought a lot about actually doing it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2010
Well, not everyone is born pretty, or stunning, for the voice thing, some people find deep voices attractive, don't commit suicide because you are at such a young age, you have your whole life ahead of you, doing so you would hurt your family, people around you im sure, if you would like you discuss things, im not sure if i can help or not, but you can write me?
|

replied June 18th, 2010
It does not matter what other people think of you. Don't let them make you who are, and how you feel about yourself. You are very imporatnt and you do have talents. Everyone has something good. You write very well and you are very brave for speaking out about how you feel. When I was 15, I felt the same way. Thank God, I did not kill myself, because my life has turned out great. I am sure you must enjoy something in this world. Do you like video games? Your most likely a pro. I hope this helps you and I wish you the best. Your friend. Tim
|

replied June 18th, 2010
do what you want. live for you and not for others. kids at around their teen years tend to be waaaaay more immature than grown people and it may not seem that way now but trust me, when you grow up, mature and respect-worthy people will treat you like any other person because in reality, you ARE just like every other person. it's hard to deal with now because growing is a process. a very long process! and during that whole process, you are changing, physically, mentally, emotionally and socially. you just don't see it because you're the one doing the growing up. nothing is worth your life, kid. when you grow up and you still don't like the way you look, theres always plastic surgery (i don't like it but it's always an option for people.) it's going to be fine. another thing; focus on what you want in life career-wise for now. neglect all the other people that judge you and when you grow up with a good wealthy life and a secure job, you can laugh right back in their faces haha.
|

replied June 19th, 2010
This is an old post but I hope you are still around. Believe me - it will pass. Take it a day at a time, an hour at a time, if that's what it takes to get through. I felt the same way for years and today I am a super happy and successful person (but at 15 I thought my life was hopeless, I was stupid, would never get anywhere, may as well be dead, etc!)
- just get a c- average and you can get into trent, brock, etc. Or do a training year at college, something that guarantees you a job afterwards - ie., Just get the hell out of there and start your 'real' life - you WILL see that it's possible not to feel so horribly 'stuck' in the depressive zone...
|

replied July 27th, 2010
Dude I have one word for you. Are you ready? Here it is.
Radio. BOOM problem solved.
|

replied July 29th, 2010
Don't commit suicide, everyone looks bad during some point of their life. Most people especially, look bad during their teenage years because your body is changing and stuff. But try to look after yourself, wash your face, exercise, eat healthy etc. If you are depressed or have been upset for a long time that might show on your face; you know how in movies if someone gets depressed they let themselves go and look fat and their face is swollen? that kind a thing. Besides, kids are mean these days they are really judgmental and violent sometimes, so don't let them get to you. Sometimes people will believe what other people tell them even if it isn't true, and it might just be in your head. I don't know what you believe in but I believe in God and I think committing suicide is wrong. What if you were destined for great things? What if ,by the time you became 20, you looked like a model? If you committed suicide you would destroy any opportunities for whatever you were meant to do here.
|

replied August 4th, 2010
dude relax
you can find girls here in this website(that have problems or not , maybe like you).
you say thay you dont have talent("I have NO talent") but you have to look Harvey Pekar´s life he talked about his vida in his comic American Splendor.

bye carl
|

replied April 22nd, 2011
My friend I have been through stuff both me and my brother have cept his one is worse
When I first started school I was over weight the kids made fun of me because I was fat dumb and I had a werid last name This kept going on. I've been jumped by boys
Had pranks pulled on me oh and when it came to girls. It was embrassing I had my chances but how could I date a girl when the whole school was making fun of me
After all the stiff I went through around those times I never cared until it
I started. Suffering and I still do . What I'm saying Is alot of things are Gonna change one day in life. Hang in there man ur not alone stay strong
|

replied May 3rd, 2011
THE LOVABLE KHRAM OF YOU UGLY FACE!
AS I READ THIS, MY BUTTOCKS TINGLE. I AM FINDING SIMILAR TO YOU WHEN YOUNG. GOD PUT HIS COMFORT IN MY BODY, OR WHICH RELIGION ARE YOU? DON'T SPEAK ABOUT THE RELIGION WITH THE FAMILY, TALK ABOUT THE TOPIC THAT IS AGREE!
|

replied October 28th, 2011
"Strength" is not the lack of any form of weakness, but the ability to act and live in spite of it. We all hate something about ourselves. But the reality is that every person has something beautiful about them. Don't give in to society's shallow, narcissistic, *pathetic* bullsh*t. Every human life is worth the same, has the same potential, and give the same beauty to the world that we see every day, and that includes you bro. Stick with life; suicide is for people that are too impatient to wait for their life to get better. Take it from someone who has been in your shoes, has almost killed himself, and then realized that life has a LONG time to get better. It always does.
|

User Profile
replied January 30th, 2012
im ugly fat an have pcos
|

replied March 6th, 2012
Quite touching.
hello i dont know if you are here, but i founded this topic quite touching.

dont worry be happy man even thou you have a hard time to get chicks. and ur family hates you. forget them all if they dont want you for the one you are. they dont deserve your respect. so just forget them, and relax have fun with your life in other ways like i do play alot of games, and decided to throw out the posilibility of getting an girl cause i found out im really to shy, cause i dont got the confidence inside me to ask a girl straigth out on a date, it always takes around 3-4 months and then the girl has become neutral and friendly so quite anoying.

but whatever just do something you enjoy doing, and forget the rest Smile, actually i woulda loved if i had a friend who had such a deep voice. i love unique stuffs Very Happy, its awesome Very Happy.

so what im trying to say is, live life have fun enjoy it. you only live once, so whatever you do dont take suicide it's the most selfish thing you ever could do to your self cause you dont know what will happen in the next common years.
|

replied September 9th, 2012
I feel the same way. I'm ugly, and stupid. No one wants to be around me because i just bother people and I barely have any friends, if any. All i can say is, don't worry - at least you're better looking than one person in this world. . . me. I really screwed my life. And now i've lost my stupid mind. I don't know what to do anymore. SRI's just made me feel worse - they ruined my life. The doctors don't understand. I went to this place and all the doctors did was ask me if i felt any better each day and if i didn't, they'd just add 25mg to my medication. It was terrible. . .so much medication. Uh, i can't take it. I guess i was just trying to say that those medications did more harm than good . . . for me at least. Anyway, im sorry for blabering on - i think you're a great person, even if i've never met you before . . . see? that's how good you are... (you have ever right to call me a ignorant ****, because i don't understand but that's what i think anyway :\
|

replied April 6th, 2013
i'm stupid and pathetic but not ugly basicly, im just too much stressed and depression and idiot and something, i cant dealt with this stupid crapped thing no more.i cant live like this. no one motivated me to do something else or to improved my stupid crap pathetic life. what. i cant do this no more.
|

replied April 29th, 2013
For every negative thought we can think about ourselves, there is another thought out there we can consider. it doesn't have to be "false happy", but something neutral, simply not negative towards ourselves, that can be just as true, and can help us get out of the negative cycle of thoughts. For each time I think "I feel so awkward, no one likes me and everyone is judging me", I can also think "maybe someone else here has felt like this, perhaps no one has noticed my awkwardness, perhaps they have their own insecurities that they are thinking of and that is why they are ignoring me". There are always others out there who understand, it just sometimes feels like they are hard to find. Sometimes looking for these alternative thoughts can be enough to motivate us and help us to realize that just because we feel depressed and negative, doesn't mean that that is all that there is for us. Therapy and life experiences have helped me greatly: a good professional can give guidance and tools to assist growth.
|

replied October 28th, 2013
Dude, as someone who nearly died, i have to say, dont do it. I nearly drank myself to death with vodka. Showed up to a hospital with horrible abdominal pain. Normal liver enzyme count is 20 to 40. Mine was 11,000. The had like twenty doctors trying to assess if i was delerious, which would mean i was in end stage liver failure and need a transplant to survive. The one thing i remember was the look on my moms face after i pulled through. She looked like she had been crying alot. I had almost never seen her face with so much pain on it. I felt so bad for putting her through that. And my dad i know would be crying in his grave if i died, the bulk of the reason i almost commited suicide was because of issues about my dad passing away, years earlier. Think of your parents. Underneath everything, they love you, and would be devastated if you took your life. Dude i was the biggest loser in my high school. I wasnt invited to the prom afterparty. Now over 10 years later, ive become a person people tend to respect. Things will change for you man. Dont worry about that. Highschool doesnt mean anything, trust me. High school only determines who the jerks are.
|

Dude, as someone who nearly died, i have to say, dont do it. I nearly drank myself to death with vodka. Showed up to a hospital with horrible abdominal pain. Normal liver enzyme count is 20 to 40. Mine was 11,000. They had like twenty doctors trying to assess if i was delerious, which would mean i was in end stage liver failure and need a transplant to survive. The one thing i remember was the look on my moms face after i pulled through. She looked like she had been crying alot. I had almost never seen her face with so much pain on it. I felt so bad for putting her through that. And my dad i know would be crying in his grave if i died, the bulk of the reason i almost commited suicide was because of issues about my dad passing away, years earlier. Think of your parents. Underneath everything, they love you, and would be devastated if you took your life. Dude i was the biggest loser in my high school. I wasnt invited to the prom afterparty. Now over 10 years later, ive become a person people tend to respect. Things will change for you man. Dont worry about that. Highschool doesnt mean squat, trust me. High school only determines who the a holes are.
|

And for god sakes, if you havent already, watch napolean dynamite.
|