Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

I just want to stop thinking about eating all the time

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
Hi, my name is Paula. I've never been diagnosed with an eating disorder, because I've never told anyone. But 2 years ago I went to the doctor and she asked me if I was eating well. I felt so nervous and I said "yes, I eat everything....". But actually for 3 years I had been eating in a no ordinary way. I could eat a big packet of cookies ( 900 calories) by myself in just 5 or 10 minutes. I lied because I was ashamed... I put on my head that it wasn't something to let the others know. But I wished I could tell to someone the hell I was living in.
I can't stop thinking about eating and calories...even when I try to concentrate for my homework and exams I can't help it... This year some of my partners noticed that something was wrong and asked me about what it was. I told them, not directly.... I just mentioned it. After that I felt ashamed for letting them know. They didn't understand it. I really don't know what's wrong with me. I don't binge as I was 5 years ago. Instead I'm restricting my calories but, I still feel fat and think of food all the time. I just wanted to know what can I do to stop because I really want to go to college and do the best. I'm 5 feet 1inches and weigh 133 pounds.
(I'm from Spain so sorry if my english is bad.)
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper bluelips
|

replied April 5th, 2012
I hope I can help.....I was diagnosed with anorexia/bullimia all I will tell you is the negatives about it you lose, dry skin, lose of period, infertility, dizzy, extreme weight loss, you lose friends and don't really socialize because most parties involve food. I know that food is not the enemy but I have another voice in my head that says it is so I limit myself to 300-400 cals a day and a woman should be getting 1200-2000 if your wanting to lose weight I would do 1200 cals for your height and weight you should be around 120 so you probably don't look fat and if you do feel fat just keep telling yourself your beautiful get rid of a scale numbers really affect the brain use a tape measurer go to your doctor and tell them how you feel I know its hard but if you talk to someone they can help but make sure its a professional alot of time family and friends just make it worse but a dr can give you a meal plan and exercise plan that way you feel better please don't go down the path of an eating disorder because chances are you wont recover trust me Smile
|

replied April 7th, 2012
i understand how you feel about talking to people about your eating disorder. I now want to recover myself, and someone told me to look at www.something-fishy.org I found this website really helpful..it answered a lot of my questions and there are some ways to help you not think of food so much. Its helped me so far, hope it helps! Smile
|