Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

I just spit up what looks to be a blood clot

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
But it has black spots on it, its fairly big for something that comes out when you're draining. Pretty firm as well. Just a little blood was spotted after it came out with the rest of the drainage.

I've had a shelf taken out of my nose because of nasal polyps. Had numerous Sinus polyps removed, and I don't know why I would have a blood clot, if it is one.

This is around the time that I get polyps, as well.

Has anyone had anything like this happen to them? I see my regular doctor on Tuesday, so I saved the 'clot' and put it in the freezer for her to look at it. Hahah.

I just don't know what else it would be? And it almost looks like a seed that you would plant?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 13th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Did you find this post helpful?