Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

I haven't recieved a period in a few months

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
User Profile
I haven't recieved a period in a few months , I believe from previous drug use but I haven't taken a pregnancy test. I had unprotected sex about 5 days ago and took a plan b 2 days later. Now I have faint pinkish bleeding , could this be from the plan b pill or possibly implantation bleeding ?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 27th, 2016
(online)
General Q and A Answer A59235
Welcome to e health forum.

There is no risk of pregnancy, as the emergency contraceptive was used within 72 hrs post intercourse. The symptoms you are having are more likely due to side effects of the Ipill.

FYI, some common side effects of emergency contraception include - menstrual irregularities including delayed or missed periods, reduced or increased menstrual flow, cramping, change in pattern of cycles, etc.

You might have your next periods on time or slightly delayed. You do not need to panic, but just relax and be patient. These effects are short lived and resolve on their own and no treatment is needed.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Pregnancy
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.