Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

tenderness on left side of head

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I have some spots on my head that are tender to touch, anyone have this or know what it is, should I worry.
thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile MandMs
|

User Profile
replied March 5th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
These spots are know as pressure pain sensitivity or pathological tenderness of pericranial muscles and their tendons attachments on skull bones.
Do you suffer from chronic tension headache or migraine?
|

replied May 12th, 2009
head tenderness
i suffer from chronic tension headaches, and recently have had tenderness to the touch on the left side of my head only. Is there a way to cure or treat this?
|

replied February 3rd, 2011
Concernd
I have also had a tenderness point on the left side of my head as well. I have had it for at least 3 years. Just today it seemed to have moved down to my hairline towards my forehead (seemingly moving towards my left temple) I asked my doctor about it during a full physical (July 2010) and he told me to keep an eye on it and thought it could be a hair follicle, type of problem. (he felt my entire head) I wouldn't say it felt like a headache though. It's just more of the tenderness I feel. I massage it whenever I feel it's tenderness and it seems to go away in an hour or so. (for the past 3-4 years) Does anybody have a similar story? Does anybody know what it may be?
|

replied January 14th, 2012
my 8 year old recently beggan with the same symptoms tender to the touch on her right side right above the the temple and from what I have researched it could be sinuses can any body tell me anything more?
|
Quick Reply