Medical Questions > Relationships > Relationships and Marriage Forum

I have the perfect boyfriend, but still unhappy...?

Seriously, the best guy ever... yet I still feel that I am young and want to travel, explore and live a little! We have been together for 3 years and I feel that I am not myself anymore. I used to be spontaneous, outgoing, loud, fun, and could have a good time. Now it seems like my boyfriend has to be in the spotlight all the time, and I just get frustrated because it seems like he lives just to tell everyone about it on facebook! Whenever I'm with my friends... he's uncomfortable and brings the mood down, but when he's with his friends... he's loud and crazy! He is a really nice guy and I've been going up and down for a few months now. Is it worth it to break free and be on your own for awhile?

He also left for about 4 months not too long ago and it's almost as if I was happy that I had a little break, and even began to crush on a new guy! I feel that I am still immature too, i'm 25.. and definitely not ready to get married anytime soon. Please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile CarolineEF
|

User Profile
replied February 3rd, 2012
Community Volunteer
Hi puggles098 and welcome to ehealth: You just said it all...You are not ready...Move on...Grow and live...Don't settle down until you find the man that you hate to be away from, whose kisses drive you wild and each day is the best day of your life....Then, you have found your knight in shining armour...Take care...

Caroline
|

replied February 25th, 2012
I agree with the above post. It is best to take the time you need to learn about yourself and your life. Too many young women settle down way too early with jerk men and do not learn who they are for a very long time, if ever. If you are not in love with this person, and are not ready for marriage, why waste his time and yours? He sounds immature, anyway. Don't feel bad about wanting to be selfish and do your own thing. It is healthy. I am 30 now, but spent my 20s traveling, studying, and doing interesting things. I recommend it. I don't intend to stop, either, but am more settled now. Because I want to be, and have a great job-and a man who understands me.
|
Quick Reply