Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

i have the genital wart virus, had cryotherapy

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
Hello

I had unprotected sex with a new partner in March this year.
After sex had the followign symptoms a few days later
- Burning/tingling sensation in penis (no discharge)
- Muscleaches in legs

My partner told me she was clean as she gets checked up regularly.
I had a full sti screening after 4weeks
Hiv,chlamydia,syphills & gonorohea ( all negative)

Between this period and the end of three months 12 weeks
I suffered testicular torsion and a varicocele was discovered.
Another STI test at 3 months in June all negative.
Another in August 5 months all negative
Sept-6 Months just to make certain - all negative.

In sept started waking up with stingin in my eye, saw an opticia who tested my sight,-fine. Glacuoma and diabetes not present.
Now i have pressure in right eye and blurred vision at times in only right eye.
also found out

could all this be related. I am youn under 30,nonsmoker &drinker. I have also noot had any sexual encounter since march. but all these things started after my last encounter. also found out i have the genital wart virus. sexual health says it not serious, had cryotherapy and it will go according to them within 2 years.

Read more: Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum - had a full sti screening, could all this be related? http://ehealthforum.com/health/had-a-full- sti-screening-could-all-this-be-related-t3 12851.html#ixzz1daYO0BHx
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 15th, 2011
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Genital warts and your other symptoms might not be related. You should consider being in regular follow-up with your treating doctor and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Consider having repeat thorough evaluation for the eyes by ophthalmologist (not optician) if the eye symptoms persist or get worse. Proceed with further management as indicated by examination and investigation results.
Take care.

|

replied November 15th, 2011
Thank you DR Paul
Can I safely rule out sti- I live in the UK and assume we have the most up to date testing.
|

User Profile
replied November 16th, 2011
buddy, don't lose it..there is nothing that can't be treated. god bless you
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.