Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

I have strange pinging sounds in my head like an elastic band

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I have strange pinging sounds in my head, like an elastic band being snapped... does any one else??
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper camgc
|

replied August 2nd, 2011
Snapping Rubber Band Sound in my Head
Yes! This happened to me last night and has in the past a few times. Don't know what it is though. For me it could all be related to stress.
|

replied December 2nd, 2011
Snapping rubber band sound in the head
I have no idea but I experience it to. It jars me awake. I told my sister and she told me to google it. I found this site but am none the wiser.
|

replied July 11th, 2012
Rubber Band Snaps in Head
I have experienced this for the past few years. It stuns you for a few seconds. It is like a rubber band snap, sometimes behind my ears and sometimes at the back of my neck. I have a feeling it is stress related. I mentioned it to my doctor and she looked at me like I had 2 heads. Would love to know the physiology of what is happening. Hope it doesn't have cumulative effects. Anybody find any more info?
|

replied January 10th, 2013
I have had this happening for years. It happens so fast but the "rubber band snap" is definitely how it feels. I always think a blood vessel might be popping. Always happens right above or right behind me ear...like the outer top edge. Can't find anything on it but I'm still looking.
|

replied May 7th, 2013
rubber band snap in head
This happened to me a couple months ago above my left ear, then felt like something drizzled down the left side of my face. Have been having headaches ever since in that area almost daily. I'm seeing a neurologist who looked at me like I was nuts, but he ordered tests and I'm waiting to hear the results from an MRI/MRA.
|

replied October 23rd, 2013
Rubber Band Snapping in my head
This happens to me often. Sometimes, I can actually tell it's going to happen before it does. I'll get a little dizzy, or nauseas. Then SNAP! Somethimg pops in my head like a rubber band breaking. Many times I feel a warming sensation afterward.(It makes me think of bleeding). Other times I just have sharp pain in the area of the "pop". It's good to know I'm not the only one who has had this experience.
|
Quick Reply