Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

I have not gotten my period for almost a year

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hello, I am 19 years old and I weight 200 pounds and I am 5'3 and i have not gotten my period for almost a year. I have not visited a doctor becuase I am a little affraid of ehat they are going to tell me. My friend had a similar thing going on and she did go to the doctor and they told her she did not get her period because she was over weight for her age and height, i do not know if that has anything to do with it.. When I was 17 I had had a similar problem with my perios stopping but it came back in 6 months, I was wondering if you might know what is going on with me becuase I am aware of the fact that this is not normal
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 12th, 2013
I also encountered that same problem.. until now im not having menstruation for almost a year,.. im 21 and also overweight, im also afraid to go to an obgyne to check me, i dont want to know the results, but i think it's bec of our unhealthy lifestyle, starting today i will exercise myself and eat healthy foods Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?