I've had mononucleosis for the past 5 days. At first my throat hurt a lot and I had a little bit of fever. My doctor says (after blood tests) that i should of course rest. These past two days have not been very though on me to be honest, except for the fatigue I get every now and then, and no throat pain (otherwise very mild) or fever
My questions are:
1) If my girlfriend already had it is it okay if we kiss, or can I think about sexual intercourse? plz this is a very important thing i need to know.
2) If i'm feeling better 5 days later, does that mean that's it's going to be over soon or I'm going to relapse in the next few days?
3) I can't contaminate people except by saliva, right?
4) Is it okay if i go meet my friends in a bad or restaurant once or twice a week without necessarily drinking alcohol ?
1. Yes, it's okay
2. That impossible to know. The length symptoms last is patient specific. Most people recover in 2-4 weeks. Relapse's do happen, generally when people over do activities too soon.
3.Correct, and it's harder to spread then a cold..Also most people are immune or already exposed.
4. Ya, that's fine...Just don't have any late nights until you are symptom free.