Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

I have just lost the feeling of hunger

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
User Profile
Hi,for about a year now I have just lost the feeling of hunger,I am normally very energetic and sleep about 7 hours a day.I eat just not to worry other and just try to eat things that are healthy and that I like the taste of so that I can enjoy the meal.Yet if it were my choice I wouldn't eat at all because I don't feel hungry or full.I do feel thirsty though so I drink a lot liquids,usually a lot of water and fruit flavored juices,I avoid milk because I'm lactose intolerant so it gives me lots of stomach aches which result in me puking or feeling nauseous.any help?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 9th, 2011
Eating Disorders Answer A28399
Hi, welcome to the ehealth forum and I am glad to help you.
You seem concerned by the fact that you don't feel hungry for the last 1 year or so but you drink lots of liquids.
The loss of appetite is an important symptom of some underlying chronic disease etc. and if the same is ruled out, you can consult your psychiatrist to rule out the possibility of eating disorder such as anorexia nervosa etc.
It is not possible to make a diagnosis online with the limited case history. You must consult your physician for the same.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Note: This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Eating Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.