Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

I have been having a period for 2 months now what could be wrong

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I am 32 years old , I had a child be c-section 1 year ago today. I had my period afterwards for 7 months regular time every month. I stopped having one for exactly 2 months. Now i am having one for 2 months now. I have a dr apt one week from now couldnt get in any sooner. I have to wear double padding. I have blood clots sometimes the size of my fist. I usually have to change my tampon etc. every 1/2 hour. No pain or anything like that . But the more active i am the more i bleed. Can you give me a clue of what this is until i go to my appointment.?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 30th, 2010
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
The heavy bleeding with clots after 2 months gap between periods could suggest possible miscarriage. Do not delay your visit to your doctor. Take urgent action by going to ‘urgent care centre’, and requesting for an ultrasound scan to look for retained products and get the uterus cleaned by D&C, which will help in stopping the bleeding.
Take care.

|

replied August 30th, 2010
i had my tubes tied after my son was born 1 year ago
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.