Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

I have been cramping for 2 weeks ever since my last period.

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I am very concerned this has never happened before. May 4th is when I got my period and Saturday the 7th is when my period stopped and that's when I started cramping. Sunday I was still cramping so that freaked me out so I went to get a home pregnancy test and it came out negative. A week after I took the test I was still cramping and sometimes it would burn when I peed and it takes forever to use the restroom so I thought I had a UTI or Bladder Infection they results came back and I didn't have anything. They also used my urine to do a pregnancy test and that also came out negative. So i'm really concerned about this and i'm really scared about this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2011
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

Cramping can be indicative of any uterine or ovarian abnormality and can be due to PID,Endometritis,cervicitis etc.It is very difficult to comment without clinical examination.
Consider visiting a Gynaecologist for pelvic examination.You might require USG scan to rule out the exact cause.

Take Care!

|

replied May 23rd, 2011
Thank you for reply back to this post even though you could not really tell me what was going on for sure. It still did help me out. I was reading about the uterine abnormality and ovarian abnormality and I don't think that could be it, since it is talking about pregnancy and I'm not pregnant at all I took two pregnancy test and both came out negative, I took one of them at a obygn and it was negative. The cramping is only at my pubic bone is and it's not that bad at all, not like a period cramp would be like. Saturday I took another one of my cranberry pills since it helps my cramps go away for a while, and it took a while for it to go away and I still had cramps but it was just every now and then. Then Sunday the cramps was just small not really noticible spelled wrong and I didn't take anything, samething today and it doesn't really hurt. So I'm going to weight till I get my period, and that's suppose to be next week June first. This one lady said this cramping should go away after my period is over and if its not I need to go to the doctors.
|

replied October 25th, 2011
confused
hey my name is Shanna

I'm sort of confused my period is usually regarly every month. Well this month my period was suppose to come on around Oct 18-23 but it never came and I have been feeling period cramps on and off for the past week. I have had an appointment to do a pep smear and they did a preg test but came out negative. The next week I still dont see no period but I still have the cramps what could be going on? Should I take another test? Do you think it is to early to detect preganacy?
|

replied July 28th, 2012
Pregnant????
I had my last period on June 24th. I am now 3 days late almost 4 and still no period. Very sore lower back and dizzy spells. I have a lot of white milky discharge(way more than usual) an have been crampy on and off since my last period in June. My boyfriend and I don't use any form of protection. Haven't taken a test yet bc I figured it was to early, but do you think it could be possible that I'm pregnant? I had a tubal pregnancy back in April and am very concerned that it will happen again. Boobs aren't sore or enlarged and only nauseous sometimes throughout the day. I find if I don't eat enough throughout the day i feel really sick and dizzy faster than usual. I'm also extremely tired.
|

replied October 28th, 2012
period pains v prenancy
hi im laura and im confused too . i had the inplant out on the 10th of october 5 days after i started period cramps then 2 week after i started craving milk and cheese . now my period pain has east of and only miner a little cramp in my tommy back and legs dont have a clue whats going on can someone could i be pregnant or is it just my body getting back to normal it seems very strange
|

replied June 21st, 2013
Pregnant or not???
I started my period June 6 to the 11. Ever since I have gotten off my period I have been cramping for about 2 weeks now and my boobs are tender when tutched also feel like they are getting bigger. Some of my cramps would be strong and some of them wouldnt be. I don't understand what's going on. I don't think I'm pregnant but I am going to take an at home pregnancy test just to be sure. Can you tell me what's goig on?
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.