Medical Questions > Parenting > Single Parents Forum

i have a 17month lil girl.. and her father is in and out

User Profile
okay i have a 17month lil girl and her father does help me out here and there only with diapers and wipes .. and i was thinkin about taking him for child suport b/c my family is paying for all her food and alot of other things.. but he tells me ill f**k up his life so i start to feel bad and i end up not doing it.. and we also fight alot and he only sees our daughter mayb twice a month at the most hes never held her and shes scared of him.. and hes in and out her life since she was born hes never took care of her like i do.. and to mention when i was 7 months pregnant we were together and he goes off and cheats on me and tells me that our daughter isnt his.. so we havnt been together since then i just need a little adive on what should i do .. and i should also say that he has a 2 yr old son that he sees and takes care of and also has a bed at his house.. so he sees him atleast twice aweek.. but i also have to beg him 4 money to get her some food..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 15th, 2009
Experienced User
sounds like baby mama #1 put her foot down and got what she needed. and really it doesnt sound like a bad idea. id say go for it, he needs to grow up and own up to his responsibilities, and if you keep letting him walk away with nothing in YOUR hands hes not going to stop taking advantage of you. Id say take his tush to court for child support its time for you to put your foot down and tell him how it is...good luck!
|

replied August 17th, 2009
Supporter
Look you did not make this beautiful little girl on your own. Of course you going to court for child support will
effect his life but you have to put you and the baby first He cheated not you. the dirt bag. You have to chose 1 of 2 things you can take him to court and get child support or if you want nothing to do with this guy
and have him have nothing to do with your daughter.(seeingas he does not see her) you have to decide do you want him to be apart of your lives and her life if he is going to be an in and out dad. I will tell you a in and out sucks as your little girl is going to get hurt. You have options. I do not have all the legal advice to give you. One thing I will tell you is if you go after him for support it will be way more money than a few diapers and wipes. Could you PM me I have question I would like to ask.
Taykare
if you do not want to that is okay.
|

User Profile
Supporter
He has a 2 year old and your daughter is 17 months? I am assuming when you started dating and you became pregnant the last thing you thought was your child would take the bottom of the pole? I say that because you obviously was around to see him support and care for his only child at the time. Okay! Yes, you seek child support. Just because someone decides they don't want the full responsibility doesn't make it so. You will ruin his life? Please, get a backbone! He is using your sympathy for him against you. Your daughter is your number one priority, not him. It is your job to ensure the stability, means, and security. With that said...if it was me?......I would get court ordered support, including help with medical. Yes, the court will take in consideration his support for another and usually how that is done his means will be divided and split. Just because one came before the other it will not make any difference. Him supplying diapers every now and then will cease soon because in a few months you will be potty training your daughter. His cheating on you is irrelevant so keep that out of it. Meaning its not the most important thing on the table right now. Besides she will always be his daughter and quite frankly that is not a mother-daughter conversation. Shows his lack of character but it is not your place to ever mention it. Good Luck!
|

User Profile
Supporter
Yes, go for the child support. As your daughter gets older he will just fade out of the picture if this is the way he's acting now. You are being too easy on him as the other child gets everything and your little girl suffers. Why should it mess up his life a little..he brought a baby into the world so he needs to be responsible. It takes two to make a baby, not just one. Make him pay.
|

replied September 15th, 2010
His Daughter should be the most imporatnt thing ever in the whole world i dont care if it fccks up his life with money he should work for her support her and love here hes a t@at t@at t@at, my partner just finished with me after 7 years and 2 little girls
|