Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

I have a hole above my vagina, but below my urethra

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I wanted to examine myself down there, as I found out that it was very important to know more about your body. While I was looking in the mirror, I noticed I have a small hole above my vagina, an slightly below my urethra. I do not know what it is, and I did not think there should be any holes besides, your urethra, vagina, and anus. So now I am confused as to what it is, and I'm not sure how I long I've had it, as this is my first time actually spreading my labia and examining it full throttle so to speak. I'm not sexually active, and there are no signs of infection or anything like that, so I'm to assume I've had for a long time. I just don't know what it is. If you can explain it to me, or give me some advice on where to find that information, that would be great! Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper UnknownABC
|

replied March 20th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Albeit, You have 2 sets of glands opening up around that area. The Skene's glands and the Batholin's glands. What you are describing can be Bartholin gland openings. These can be quite wide. They are between the urethral opening and vaginal opening, slightly to the left and right of the center line.

Unfortunately these gland openings are not well represented in anatomy drawings.

Take care.
|
Did you find this post helpful?