Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

I hate myself because I'm fat and don't know what to do?

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
I am 32 years old, happily married and have no children. I have been in the military
for going on 14 years. I have always had a problem with my weight. I have been on the Overweight Program on and off my entire military career. This time it is different. My military career actually depends on my weight now. If I don't lose the weight I will lose my job! My job is 80% our income. I don't know what to do. I don't eat a lot or all the time but when I eat my meal is big and it is not healthy. I feel guilty after I eat which causes me to want to eat again. I end up feeling depressed and then just want not do anything. I am 5'6" and currently weigh 195lbs. The military does a body fat tape test and says I am 40% Body Fat. I cant believe I am at the point where my fatness could possibly cost me my job. I'm supposed to be a soldier, but how can I be if I'm a fatass? I hate being this way. I need help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 20th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Did you find this post helpful?