Medical Questions > Relationships > Family Relationships Forum

i hate my parents (Page 1)

User Profile
i have the worst parents in the world!! i mean klike my mom had a "bad" life when she was younger and she thinks she is giving me a good one but its horrible here is what i mean:

1) we always fight!! she and my dad both have no family or friends because they aruge with EVERYONE tehy meet, so therefore i also have no family because i am not allowed to see then because they hate my parents.
2)they think they give me everything, but for example i have 2 pairs of jeans which fit properly (and thoes ones are a little big too) and the lat time i was atken shopping for pants was december.
3)they are violent when mad
4)all they do is work
5)my dad has a anger problem (i think bi-polar) but he refuses to take his meds and he only went 2 anger management for like 1 or 2 months.

this morniong my mother told me that i am gonna get her old matterise and she is gonna get a new one and i have and my matterise for 13 years so its very old. i showed her holes in my matterise and she told me that i am lucky that i even have a bed. then we got into a fight over that comment, she also continusly slapped me and then she punched me, i bloscked her punch and she scraped her ring on my albow as ashe punched me and now it is still bleeding. afetr that she took away my streightner for 3 months, until october, (this is bad because i am a model, and also because im a starting highschool soon.) (and i have really wavy frizzy hair). she always does this to me and then she will ignore me alllll day and she is so stupid. she thiks she is the best. i mean once she theew ice on me cause i wouldnt get out of the shower and the ice stuck to me cause i was hot and when i ripped it off i have scabs everywhere on me. i think she and my father are abusive. i dont know what to do . sorry for venting. she even make my plat at lunch, dinner, and breakfast and i am forsed to eat it all!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile CANDYxoxLOVER
|

replied July 5th, 2008
Experienced User
How old are you?
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2008
Experienced User
i am 14
|

replied July 7th, 2008
Experienced User
Is there a scholl councellor that you can talk to. I would probably do that, because you're going through alot right now. I remember at that age my mom and I didn't get along too well. I ended up getting my own job and buying my own things and it gave her more respect for me. I was 12 when I started babysitting then I got a real job at a store when I was 13 and now I am 24 and my mom and I only get along over the phone not when were together. Is there a grandparent or someone else you could stay with? Have you ever told your mom how you feel? Its nice that shes giving you her matress.. Maybe they don't have alot of money to buy things.. Have you told her how it feels when she ignores you or hits you? Have you asked her if you could deal with issues differently. You could even suggest family councelling
|
Users who thank StacyHoll for this post: rocks1 

User Profile
replied July 7th, 2008
Experienced User
umm i am not allowed to talk to the rest of my family because they all hate my parents, and i have already tried staying with my friends but my mom threatened 2 call the police on me. and we do have a ton of money but my mom saves it all becuause she has panic attacky and depression all of the time because she thins we are gonna somehow loose all of or money. thank you by the way ill try to talk to her.
|

replied July 9th, 2008
Experienced User
Whoa I am really sorry to hear that. Thats hard to have the panic attacks and depression. I would maybe try to be on her team! Smile
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2008
It is what is and there is no excuse for child abuse, if u ever feel like u r in danger get out of your house asap. Is there any adult that u feel like u can trust with this problem,if so tell that adult.
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2008
Supporter
Ok sweetie, this is not normal parent-child behavior.
No child should be punched, EVER.

Here is my advice:
Go to a local free clinic. They treat everything. At least you could talk to someone about what is going on and they can refer you to someone professional to speak with.
Some kind of intervention needs to happen with your parents. This is abuse.
I have been slapped by my mother a few times but NEVER, EVER have I been punched in my face by anyone. They would be sorry.

You need to talk to someone about this ASAP. Behaviors like these are only going to escalate, especially when your hormones start going crazy at 16. Seek help immediately.

Look in the phonebook for support lines and CALL! PLEASE.
|

replied March 20th, 2009
that's messed up
My parents are completely the same just like you described,, trust me they wont change, all i can advise you to do is pray to God to move out fast or do good in school so you can become successful and move out and forget about them. Dont let their agressive behavior bring you down just think positively and good things will happen. For me, being boy the age of 18 i just want to join the army and never see or hear from them again... I wouldnt even be at their funeral for all i care about them... So try to go to a counseling clinique and see what kind of advice they can offer you and dotn be afraid to tell everything that bothers you, once you get it out you'll only feel better and get rid of that negative energy your folks are inflicting upon you.. Take care... Good luck!!!
|

replied June 3rd, 2009
ugh me too
I know EXACTLY how you feel! Okay so (btw I'm 14 too) today I was happy because school ende today, so I was happily listening to my ipod on the couch when my STUPID bro kicked my couch. So I was like "Can you not do that?" and he just kicked it again on purpose so I yelled at him to stop. Then my RETARDED DAD was like "Can't you be nice about it?" and started screaming. It was so annoying. So I went back to my room and I was listening to my ipod again when both my parents came in and I said "Please, go away." because I was in a really bad mood. My dad literally scratched me by pulling ipod away and he screamed "NO MORE PRIVILAGES! I'M TAKING AWAY YOUR IPOD AND YOUR LAPTOP!" i hate both of them. i want to run away. I know I sound too dramatic but I really hate him. Right now I feel like I want to kill him. I HATE HIM! And my mom is stupid for marrying such a jerk. I HATE MY PARENTS I WANT THEM TO DIE!
|

replied June 3rd, 2009
everyone around them were asshamed of me before i was even born they still act that way towards me till this day. I was truely shunned by everyone around me. I had a couple aunts that felt sorry for me as a kid but they still act ashamed of me now that i am an adult. People!!!!!!!! it happens all the time parents truely dont give a rip about their children. I am angry inside still and i would LOVE more then anything even money would love to have inner peace and to be comfortable in my own skin. I have never felt comfort like that in my entire life. we are truely venting for a reason we want a way out from our corrupt parents it's not a joke and this is a sad reality for some of us. I hate when my step sister calls me out of the blue to make sure i am speaking to my father i want to choke with my bare hands, she has know idea and you people have no idea about the people that have parents like ours.
|

replied June 11th, 2009
Experienced User
I know what you are talking about. I survived by locking them out of 'me'. I lived in my head, didn't talk to them with them or at them. I knew that the clock moves
and one day I will be eighteen and out of there.

Live in the narrow bands they allow you without knocking yourself out. Think of it like being on a bus going somewhere. You are not going to live on the bus, you can put up with reasonable crap so you don't need to let it touch you.

The biggest prob. with this kind of abuse is if you let it touch you.

I created this 'bubble' around me so that I saw them...as you see your parents; no one to look up to, no one to emulate, just 'rejects'.

In four years you will be so out of there...(earlier if you go away to college) and look back and admire yourself as to how you endured it.

Of course, once the physical abuse moves across the line
you have a police matter...meaning that you might find yourself (if lucky) living with relatives (if they'll take you) or at some home.
|

replied July 21st, 2009
Mum pulled a knife out
My dad and mum are both the most Frustrating people you can meet. Whenever someone does something wrong i get blamed... when ever someone breaks something i get blamed... about 5 minutes ago my mum pulled a knife on me for eating with a fork instead of a knife?!
|

replied August 2nd, 2009
man. you are treated terribly
i fell very sorry about your problem. you should talk to a councelor or teacher.
|

User Profile
replied September 9th, 2009
Supporter
tell your mom if she ever hit you your going to tell the police believe me she will never do that a gain. thats what my brother did when he was 4 . and it worked . abusive people are very weak. you can see it because she had depression when a person can not control his anger its because he is too weak to control him self. am proud of you because the first step is to write your problem and see other people solution. you are such a smart girl. focus on your study so you can get a schooler ship and get rid of your family. mean while try to write your mom a letter expressing how much you are in pain and how much you need her love and support and try to make her aware how big is this problem and what you like about her and dislike.abusive people are not aware that they are abusive. and be careful sweetheart try to know what kind of depression she has some types of depression need to be careful when dealing with them if she is hard to talk to its better to talk to your dad its very important depressed people some times hurt their self and others tell your dad that you are afraid of your mom she might hurt you and if she didn't stop hurting you. you would ask the police to take you to another family where you can be safe. even if you do not want that, its only to shake them and show them it is serious and they need to control their anger or they will loose you the most precious thing in there life. sometimes you need to scare people in order to protect your self and feelings. the only reason why my husband stopped abusing me is because i took the phone once, wile he was about to beet me up and i told him do you want me to call 911 and destroy your future they are only 3 numbers then he stopped and since then he is afraid to lay his hands.
|

replied October 19th, 2009
I hate my parents too I'm the middle kid and they use me to take care of the younger kids. Whenever I do something wrong AT ALL I get yelled at sometimes they kick me. I'm scared of them I try to avoid them but I can't it's just a house. At first when we moved into this cool house everything was going AWExOME and then our parents tell us to do work that's TOTALLY unnecessary and if we say no we get yelled at and slapped. I can't run away because I'm only 13. I thought about suicide for awhile but I'll look over a bridge and thing "that's a long way down" or look at a knife and think "that will hurt like crap." So I quit that and thought about running away, but there's nowhere to go and I'm trapped. He keeps telling me it's because I need to learn to deal with things. Also I have NO video game systems and he took my gameboy advance away because I played it at night, it was the only video game thing I ever had. They don't want me to have any fun. When I find a fun online game to play THEY BAN IT when I find a fun show to watch THEY BAN IT. They always tell me that I should go outside where it's nice and shitty. I try to go to friends houses to get away but I only have 4 friends.
|

User Profile
replied October 19th, 2009
Supporter
the problem with parents is that there is no communication they just give orders and control every thing its not because they are bad or they do not love their kids. but its because they love them so much enough to hurt them. for example when a mother force her kids to eat its because she is so sad that they don't look healthy or skinny. when they take your video games they are afraid you would loss your vision because of spending hours staring at the screen which will harm you. when they give you task is to give you some responsibility and build up your character. my dad use to give each one of us task to do. my brothers hates it. specially when he ask them to take care of the girls. but at the end they grow up strong and able to take care of the family and succeed in every thing at a young age they are managers and they have strong personalities every one loves them in the family and friends.
kids need to talk to their parents tell them how they feel specially when comes to killing your self its serious. toys, games are very important. for god sake your a kid what els you would do. more over, when they force you to go out its to prevent you from isolating your self. if you go through the forum of lonely guys and depression its all because of their childhood they kept their self isolated till they had no friends and became so lonely and depressed.
|

replied October 20th, 2009
My dad hates it when I have any fun. I just don't know why, I think it's because he never got to have as much fun as I get to.
|

Oh ya...
DaBigCD wrote:
I hate my parents too I'm the middle kid and they use me to take care of the younger kids. Whenever I do something wrong AT ALL I get yelled at sometimes they kick me. I'm scared of them I try to avoid them but I can't it's just a house. At first when we moved into this cool house everything was going AWExOME and then our parents tell us to do work that's TOTALLY unnecessary and if we say no we get yelled at and slapped. I can't run away because I'm only 13. I thought about suicide for awhile but I'll look over a bridge and thing "that's a long way down" or look at a knife and think "that will hurt like crap." So I quit that and thought about running away, but there's nowhere to go and I'm trapped. He keeps telling me it's because I need to learn to deal with things. Also I have NO video game systems and he took my gameboy advance away because I played it at night, it was the only video game thing I ever had. They don't want me to have any fun. When I find a fun online game to play THEY BAN IT when I find a fun show to watch THEY BAN IT. They always tell me that I should go outside where it's nice and shitty. I try to go to friends houses to get away but I only have 4 friends.

He also only had a few friends so he thinks this is normal or something, he still thinks that it's 1975 or something where everyone sucks up their parents and takes orders and gets nothing out of it.
|

User Profile
Supporter
hun your young and i know you feel so angry talk to him tell him why do you get angry when ever i am haveing fun be honest with your dad.
and respecting your parents is not a bad thing while disrespecting them is the worse thing you would ever do. they raised you spend their money on you and they did take care of you. imagen if they split up and your mom had a nother boyfriend or husband how do you think he will treat you my friend use to have a step dad and guess what he beat him up and tried to kill him because he was drunk most of the time. it was such a shi**** life. as long as you respect you parent they willl treat you good and as long as you disrespect them they will treat you bad. treat them as you would want them to treat you. if you want respect give it to them. don't yell and get rid of your energy and stress hun no one would ever love you as much as they do they are not the enemy. i use to hate my mom i thought she was the evil. but when i grew up i figer out i was seeing part of the story the bad part and i was so angry and blind not to be able to see the rest the good part. her sacrifices her love her ....now she is doing every thing to please me and make me feel better she never stop praying for me even though im a mom my self. time will show you how much your parents love you dear just come dawn and try to communicate with ur mom telling her how bad you feel seriously .....i hope she understand....
|

replied August 16th, 2011
Lies.
This sound like a lie, i think they would have taken away your pedrivlages to the computer away first. Thats what my parents do, and honey, you dont go through HALF of the things you went through, just thank god that you have a mother and a father. Thats how i think of it.
|

replied May 27th, 2012
Who cares if you went through worst stuff? I mean we all care about people who have parents who are just unexplainable but don't we all want a happy life? It doesn't matter who went through worst stuff. And don't you know how it feels when you're trying to tell the truth but somebody says your lying? You must know if you had parents like that...
|
Quick Reply