Medical Questions > Relationships > Family Relationships Forum

I hate my family (Page 1)

I probably grew up a little spoiled. My mom used to tell me when I was a little girl that she was saving up money for my college Smile I was so happy. I knew that I would be taken care of when I finally get to that point. ... fast forward to high school, freshmen year, and my mom and dad hand me off to my sister. Her husband is in the military and I felt like my parents didn't want to take care of me anymore. Every so often they sent me money, but I felt neglected. My sister wasn't the best sister. We fought a lot, and I ended up with depression for most of my high school years.

I finally found a way to break through my depression by working out my senior year. I lost weight, and my confidence increased. Then... I met my ex. We were engaged for 3 years. My parents wanted me to move in with him, because he was a very smart kid, and they figured that he would take good care of me, and that he'll end up a successful person in the future. He wasn't. He was very controlling, sexually and mentally abusive. I was stuck.

Fast forward 3 years, age 22. I visited my sister, and never went back to my ex. I felt lost living with her, because our personalities clashed again. She is very critical and very pessimistic. She's anti-social, and thinks that everyone's out to hurt her. So, most of my life, especially teenage life, I couldn't bring friends home, because she wouldn't allow it. I felt stuck. I was so stressed out, and depressed again, that I dropped out of college. I wasn't happy.

I left to live with my brother and his family. It didn't work out. I felt like I was working to support them. I felt broke all the time, and I dropped out of college again, because I was stressed.

a year later, I got deployed, met a guy and moved in together. It didn't work out, and I spent alllll my money trying to build a life with him. He was a flirt, and he did drugs. I forced myself to stay with him, because I didn't want to live with my family again. I couldn't afford to live on my own. We broke up, because he thought I was too jealous. A lot of my issues came from my past abusive relationship. He didnt want me back. I lost so much. After the break up, I'm back with my sister. and I'm hating life again.

I don't know what to do, and sometimes I think of committing suicide, so I could end this cycle of disappointment. I'm supposed to start school in a few months, but I'm too depressed. I'm afraid that I might drop out again, because I'm miserable here. I don't know what to do sometimes. . . I can't stand my family.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper avengersHAWKEYE
|

replied August 9th, 2010
i hate my family. and they dont care about me neither. thay contantly talk sh** and say theres something wrong with that kid. But they dont know whats going on in my head. I dont care anymore. there making it worse, they just dont see it. there adding to my depressing life. there killing me slowly. My mom and my brothers love me still. even though they know i do dumb things. but there with me step by step to help me. i wish i can say the same with the rest of the family, but no. i wish i had a normal family that loves me.
|

replied June 10th, 2012
True i can relate with you :'(
|

replied August 9th, 2010
I also wish I had a normal family, at least a more loving and nurturing family. My mom and dad rarely tell me they love me. They just grew up that way. They weren't very affectionate. I know they love me, or at least care about me, but I wasn't nurtured as a child. I feel neglected as a result. I live a part of land that my dad's family own. When I was as young as 5 or 6, every time there was party, my parents would get drunk and leave me at my aunt's house. After playing with the kids, and realizing that the party is dying down, I'd look for my parents, and another adult would always tell me that they left a long time ago. I remember see other parents look for their children every time they leave. My parents always expected me to find my way home on my own. Sad It hurt, and I always got home to my parents drunk. They use to drink every night as well. I hate drinking alcohol as a result. I never wanted to end up like them.
|

replied August 11th, 2010
I know how u feel. my step dad used to get drunk and he gets short tempers. One time he got so crazy and I tryed to defend myself. He over powered me and began to punch me in the chest and slap me in the face. When he sober up he dosent admit that he did that. I dont like him. My real dad I never met, I never seen him personally , just once in a store. He dosent care about neither. I try to talk to him but he acts like he dosent know me. And he has kids of his own. They always try to pick fights with me in school, they know were brothers. Its hard thinking about it. It just makes me feel more alone. I dont Have friends or family. My family just look rite through me.
|

replied September 9th, 2010
I hate my brothers wife and kids, they call me a liar and find something wrong with everything I do. I'm freakin sick of it and I just want to kill them all. And I mean that with hate in my heart. I think maybe I should just end it all. Somebody help me! I think I might do something terrible if I keep staying here. What makes things worse is that my brothers wife is so horrible and uses being pregnant as an excuse. I honestly just want to kill myself end all the endless namecalling, blaming,and putting me down all the time!!!
|

replied September 9th, 2010
I hate my brothers wife and kids, they call me a liar and find something wrong with everything I do. I'm freakin sick of it and I just want to kill them all. And I mean that with hate in my heart. I think maybe I should just end it all. Somebody help me! I think I might do something terrible if I keep staying here. What makes things worse is that my brothers wife is so horrible and uses being pregnant as an excuse. I honestly just want to kill myself end all the endless namecalling, blaming,and putting me down all the time!!!
|

replied September 19th, 2010
My family: I hate them
I hate my family except for one brother. My father had a hard life but worked hard every day and drank then died right after he retired. My mother loves her family but plays each against the other. When she is with one she talks about the others, like how bad they are or how they do not pay her back money but she gives them money. My oldest brother got into drugs at an early age and went to prison several times and my parents always helped him out with bail and such. Now he seemingly has his life straight as money goes but would not help a family member before a friend. My next oldest brother was really bad into drugs with cocaine and PCP and is mean, jealous of anyone who is around him at the time. He is 50 and lives with my mother who gives him everything while she is suffering but will not do anything to push him to be useful. Him and myself are in constant conflict. He is very passive aggressive and has tried to have me arrested several times. From talking to others of my family he has been the same and a few times have been very physical. My third oldest brother is my brother. I can talk to him and hang with him but he has a family and moved far away. I would love to spend more time and talk with him but he is busy with work and family life and catch hime as catch can. I myself am the youngest and divorced and cant seem to find myself. I want a family, home and career but have never been able to get things on the right path. I have had my trouble with alcohol and drugs. Something always botches it and seems to get worse as i get older. For instance my sister borrowed money from me after I got a settlement from my divorce but has never offered to pay it back and I have asked her but she went thru her own divorce and got married again and has blown me off as well as her children. I pity them and cant seem to get close to them. We are all in a bad way. I want to drop everything and leave but i dont know where to go except by Gods will. I have plans for a brilliant future but for now these are fantasies. I pray to God to give me strength and perseverance to see myself thru this troubled time.
|

replied October 27th, 2010
I hate my family as well
I hate my family as well. Should I? My mum and dad act like children (ie. the silent treatment, when they give me a punishment they cant explain what i did wrong and send me to my room when they cant explain, they start arguments when im about to go o school so as a result i end up coming late with red eyes and i face like im about to cry). I hate them!!! My dad keeps calling me names and saying mean comments about me and then when i cant handle it all and start crying I get shouted at. i dont want to tell him how I feel because I didnt want to hurt his feeling and because I was afraid he might smash my face in but yesterday I did and now now wont speak to me. Also, whenever I cry or feel sad or feel like talking to them they say Im manipulative and am only doing that to try and get things. also, they have been soo strict lately, like i cant come back later than 8 or use my laptop and whenever I ask for money (for food, new clothes, cimena etc) they never give me any and now i am seriously considering stealing because I feel so hungry all the time and also i cant use my laptop even to do homework and I can only use it if I wash up - for homework!! i feel ashamed to show my friends my parents because im afraid they might see them do what they doonce i knocked over a glass or something at the table when my friend was at my house and my dad stuck a fork into my hand!!! I cried and locked myself in my room and I hated my friend seeing me like that. To cope with it all I started playing like they play with me- comments, attitude etc and when they say im useless I pretend to help them out with all the curses and that makes people from outside think im a spoilt brat and tharefore not really hurt. Is this a problem? Or is that a normal family thing?
|

replied April 19th, 2011
I hate my family, if you can even call them that. They are evil people who took it upon themselves to experiment on me. I think they wanted to see how many personalities they could create. W/o a doubt they are all a bunch of psychotic, evil freaks. To them, its some kind of game--they keep telling me I have to figure it out or it won't stop. They have engaged outsiders to mess with my head, they have hypnotized me, tried to erase my memories and replace them with various traumatic events. They are sick, sick people. NO ONE could possibly know what it's like. I was a pre-teen when I realized something very strange was going on but I often wonder how long before then that they began this project. By the time I was a teenager, I began wishing that I was adopted--my way of holding onto the hope that there was a decent family out there somewhere and my way of trying to separate myself from that house of freaks. I don't have anything in common with this freak family I got stuck with and I wish they would stop messing with me but ole dad told me in 2002 that "it won't ever stop...that I have to figure it out...that I'm not safe anywhere". Sickening. They just think it's funny to mess with someone's mind, arrange your marriage, orchestrate and control another person's world, etc. I guess if the goal was to create a person who will never trust anyone, never really love another human being, and always feel like someone is watching then they succeeded. Some days I think my head will explode, some days I feel like my brain is shattered in a million pieces but I'm still standing. Thing is, I don't know if that's good or bad--the part about me still being alive. Feels like they're trying to get me to kill myself but I haven't. Still here, feeling like I have no way out of their sick, evil games. A game that has ruined my life. But they don't care, they're just having fun with their experiment. I hate them for what they've done, anyone would!
|

replied April 24th, 2011
I hate my family. I have one brother with autism. My parents call him special and gifted. One time my dad was boasting about him saying how goo he is at cello. I am also good so I said Im a close second. He laughed and said that I'm no where near as good as my brother.
My mom has MS and cant walk so I am her helper. I have to get her in her bed and help her eat and stuff. Sometimes when I cook when my dads not around she says that my cooking is not good and has no flavor even though it is really not that bad. My brother says he loves playing his instruments so my parents pay a lot of money on his instruments but whenever they want him to practice my dad has to shout and curse at him to make him play. It erupts in a huge argument and I have to sit in my room and listen to it all. I am in all honors classes in my school and have a 97 average and my parents say my brother is smart even though he gets suckey grades. They don't pay attention to me. I despise my family. They make me feel like a loser that doesn't deserve to be in this world. I wish my brother would die
|

replied July 11th, 2012
i understand how u feel
Trust me I understand. My brother has autism and he likes to sing and dance and draw. My family is always saying how amazing he is and how special. When rele he can't do any of it and I can. I live with my grandmother and my mom recently came back frkm rehab. She's the only one I can relate to. But even she says he's amazing and my grandma says I will never be a good singer and for years that's all I've ever wabted to be. Now I have to put my dreams in a locked drawer collecting dust and never to be seen again. And I'm always yelled at for being jealous of him and being cruel when really he eggs Me on by teasing me and being mean. I hate him but becuz he's autistic I feel like a bad person so I tell myself that I'm selfish. But should that really what I should feel? No. I should feel loved and encouraged by my family and feel free to say what I feel. But I can't. I hate them all. Except my mom who gets me. Sad that's not how it should be </3
|

replied July 29th, 2012
All my 3 brother are partly autistic, one of them goes to a bording school. u can't tell he is autistic so his life is really good, i love him and he's the only one in my familly i really do love. my younger brother simon is a mess.. he doesen't go to school and can be really aggresive, he screams at my mother and tells her he's gonna kill her but infact it's me he hates the most..i've always been the good girl o the surfice, the girl that does good in school and have a really good social life.. i look good aswell and people like me but my mom doesen't. She only tells me she loves me when she feels guilty and my life might not seem to be that bad but the thing is that she convince me that she loves me and tells me that she is sorry and go on trips with me and stuff but i still always feel like she loves my big brother the most and my younger brother, simon she hates him.. but she doesent want to admit it. mby she loves him deep down, yeah i think she does but she tries to make him..."normal(?)" or non-aggresive. bur no one cares how i feel cause i always do sooo good and from the outside being the popular, smart, pretty girl that gets whatever she want's doesent seem that bad but its just cause i've learned how to surivive on my own and how not to feel anything.. and my mom gives me money and things causee i know how to get what i want, i learned that when i was 6 years only.. because i didn't have love, so i needed things and people around me having fun and thinking i was the reason why. send me a email if you want to talk sometime
bye!
|

replied September 2nd, 2011
ChildLine can help.
How old are you? If you're a teen, or younger, you can call childline. There are really friendly people, who answer the phone, and they give you advice and help when you really need it. Visit their website. If you want to take serious action, make sure you are in a place where your family won't find you, then ring childline, and they can come and take you somewhere safe. If you get abused mentally or physically, they can get your family and/or parents in trouble for it. You may never have to see them again. I hope I helped. The number for childline is: 0800 11 11. it may be different in otehr countries, so visit their website at: http://www.childline.org.uk/Pages/Home.asp x
|

replied June 14th, 2011
I hate my family. nobody ever pays attention to me. They yell and punish me all the time. They have never told me they love me. I feel so alone. I hate my older sister, she thinks she is my boss or what the hell. She is freaking crazy, she wants everything for herself and always talks bad about me. I hate my dad, he has hurt me so much (physically and mentally), and i just feel so alone and sick of all of it! I hate my mom she never listens to me, she just cares about herself and money. They are all hypocrites. i just want to die and end it all. i have no friends and no one to talk to and i am freaking ugly.
|

replied April 10th, 2012
Hang in there. You may have to work through your-self esteem to find your own empowerment. Your own power needs healthy self-esteem that comes from your own soul, which needs no approval from anyone. If you have to push people and society away to find a way to appreciate your self, then it will be the best thing you ever did! Loose yourself in film, books, teachers, and it will be easier to ignore the family members that weaken your power.
|

replied July 29th, 2012
me to.. if you want to talk you cn email me
|

replied July 19th, 2011
I hate my family?
I hate my family. My brother is racist against me and calls me a dirty mexican, my mother doesnt love me and she talks to her other kids and buys them a bunch of stuff, while im left in the dark watching them enjoy there new things as i get hand me downs with holes in them, my sisters a conceited witch, she only thinks about her self and always says how perfect she is. She stole my bedroom and im not allowed to sleep on the couch so i sleep on the floor most of the time. I barely get about 3 hours of sleep a day because im woken up to do all of the chores. Im not allowed in my house when guests are over, and i cant really have a social life because i cant go away. Im probably depressed (i feel like it) and my brother abuses me. Believe me, i hate my family alooot and i dont know what to do.
|

replied September 1st, 2011
Family hatred 1
I was told during my parents divorce that I was supposed to be aborted, it was used as a weapon to my mum. Ever since that moment I have never loved my mother the sAme. She has asked me what I want for my birthday and gets me something else that she wants. I want nothing from her at all except to leave me alone!
Now my brother is getting married in three weeks, I will not be attending. My brother, mother and father have lost a family member. They call me crazy, stupid and abusive. And that's only because I have been sticking up for myself for once! They I'm jealous over my brothers wedding... Uhh I've been married for two years!!! I have a baby and it upsets me to take these family members out of her life, but they are nasty, heartless people. And I think we'd be better off without them. Family sucks!
|

replied March 28th, 2012
Sometimes, it can be hard to remember that there was a life before us. Your parents could've given you away when you were born and you coul've ended up worse i.e. being sexually abused by someone else. It isn't a godgiven right to be born anymore. You think it's weird you might not be here, but your parents will probably think it's weird that you are.

Abusive behaviour is not sticking up for yourself. It is worse for other people. Visit your doctor and ask for help i.e. depressants. Think about your baby instead.
|

replied October 5th, 2011
i hate my family. when i was younger (3 or 4 i think) i was in a foster home and they wanted to adopt me. my parents of course wouldn't sign away rights. I wish they had. My older sister always tells me how much my foster family loved me. I can't help but think if they had adopted me, I would have a 'normal' family.

My dad passed away when i was 19 (i'm now 43), my "mom" is an alcoholic and we haven't heard from her in over 15 yrs. My brother is in the army, i have 2 sisters, one lives 40 minutes away and the other 4 hours away. The one that lives 4 hrs away will visit the sister that is 40 minutes away probably around once a month, yet I'm never invited. The sister that lives 40 minutes away, will call my brother in the army once a week, and text my sister who is 4 hrs away and her daughter DAILY ... yet I haven't heard from her in a month.

Why did I bother even trying to 'rejoin' this family??? They only act like i'm part of the family, when holidays come around. It makes me sick. Oh yeah, then I have to look at facebook and see pictures of her and her husband babysitting his nieces and nephews. Yet my son .... they could care less about (yet buy him lots of presents at christmas ... ok how about giving him your time).

I want to say badly tell them all to go to hell. I don't because my son likes having aunts and uncles and cousins (though he only sees them twice a year basically - christmas and his birthday). How long until he starts questioning why and why they have time for people that lives hundreds of miles away but not us?
|

replied December 1st, 2011
survive life sucks
I hate my father.My mom and him never talk to each other.they communicate through me or my sisters.He always thinks he's right,and need everything around him to be well planned.i mean really?and my mom will say yes to ever single word he said.
we're going on a vacation this next month and i have to do everything and everytime i try to explain to him or seek his advice,he will jumped into conclusion and wont even listen to me and ended up blaming me and my mom.
and this freaking happened everday and trust me,as soon as im done highschool,i am so out of here
|

replied March 27th, 2012
My brother has been mainly horrible all the time i've known him. He's just got worse as he's got older and me, my parents and two younger brothers wish he would leave.

My parents shout at him, he shouts back. They told me their marriage is breaking down because of them, but actually sending him away seems impossible. Our wider families don't get on well so if he did go away we'd lose more than just him.

Everytime they argue, my parents look more ill and I swear they'll kill him if he carries on. He doesn't give a damn. I'm older by a bit than him, but he gives nobody any respect. He threatens to kill, is very abusive and has these fits where he screams.

One time when my parents were with my granddad at the hospital (he is very ill and they look after him)he wouldn't stop screaming and threw things across the room. Ten minutes later he was acting happy again. I don't understand and he doesn't either.

He can't take responsibility either. Everything is nothing to do with him. Our parents are quite poor, but i get dancing and music, brothers get football lessons etc. so they make a really big effort - he just steals stuff like food even if we don't have enough left to be snacking on. Is anybody else going through the same thing????
|

replied May 27th, 2012
I hate family+ self???
I feel worthless. I try to help out my family and when I do they seem to like me. But I'm lazy and I don't do school work when I need to. I get addicted to certaint things very easily (Food, drink, ect.) and have a hard time controlling these addictions. I am also very very very very easily distracted. I try to have fun with my two brothers but they say I am provoking them. I am the oldest so my parents say I am the most responsable and I need to grow up.(I play tag,ect.) I get screamed at frequently and my parents say that I am the cause of all the problems in the family.(My brothers do to) When I get screamed at I cry so I'm told yet again to grow up. I know Im always a bratty jerk. I know I shouldn't hate my family because I know it's all my fault, but when you hear your dad complain about how your relatives think your a !**@!, it makes you feel unwanted. I think that if I leave that they will finally have peace in their lives. They say I do all this to be controlling. I hate myself because Im weak and overweight and bullied alot at school. What should I do?
|

replied September 12th, 2013
I'm the exact same way, if you want you can email me and we can talk
|

replied July 29th, 2012
Experienced User
its really unfortunate to have such a selfish family but suicide is not the solution to any problem in life. fight ur way through! get urself motivated and live it whatsoever it is. try to secure a better job for urself and if possible, get good schooling. live on ur own and u will see that one day this world will welcome u with both its hands!
|

replied October 7th, 2012
I hate my family.
My dad was cheating on my mom. I and my elder sis told this to my mom. My mother took action, and i helped her all the way through. When my dad came to know that we told our mom everything, he changed hs behaviour towards me. HE HATES ME> he has blammed all on me. even though my sis was also with me. My mother, whom i helped, she shouts at me too. My sisters, they hate me. coz i shout at everyone. no one understands that i shout coz i am freaking sick of what is happening to me. my dad is piyying all restrictions on me, no one else. and my MOM, she is chill! what should i do? i wsh now that i'd go to a hostel. i dun wana stay home, though i was not a type who culd even think of leaving her home.
|

replied January 20th, 2013
Well maybe this will make your life better my life is far more worst I was born and never was treated like a human being they hated me my mom have 8 kids different
Fathers I always been the one that all the blame went on I'm the youngest boy of four and prob the smartest the only one that earned a high school diploma and went to college. So as far as I can remember they always cursed me out or blamed me for something when I was younger my sister had a party with a little pool I tried to get in and something made the water go out she whooped me so bad infront everyone that made me realize whoa I really get the blame for everything. So if you're wondering where my father was during all of this ........I didn't even know there was a such thing as a father for nine years of my life my mom lied to my family sahe's a very successful man he owns a dentistry and is one himself for nine years of my life she lied to every one including me saying the guy I was named after was my father witch I didn't look a spit like so as time went on I became more wiser the older I got realizing that my life was getting worst and worst Luke I maybe was cursed when I was born but as I got older my god mom always asked me did u meet your dad yet it always was a no and she would say that's a shame and shake her head so as time progressed in my life I found out that he had older older kids and I always wished I would find them someday in life ...but the only thing I foind out was the reason I did not know my dad was because my mom was hiding the fact of me. being my dads son to recieve more child support from my sister n brothers dad so for nine years I suffered because of the love of money now since I found that out I been on the hunt and found his number in a yellow pages book and called and got a responce that he's done he payed what he did and goodbye ..........he payed what? So come to find out after ten years old my biological father was paying child support also and she was keeping it all and only giving me 88dollars a month of the money I feel that the least she can do is try to get my dad to see me or me see him now that I'm 22years old but her reply is forget him he knew my address and he could've called .......in my head I'm thinking the both are wrong so somevody needs to grow up well now it maybe getting to late and she treats me terribly still and i feel a great disliking toward her n all her kids. So that's the story of my life I feel like i may be better off dead then alive .....oh yea I'm sleeping on the floor of her house the only one with a job and must giv her money out of every check and gets cursed out on a daily basis while my 24 and 26 year old brothers have their own bedrooms with no job
|

replied February 16th, 2013
I hate to live
I hate my Mother and her famiky but i really love my dad and my boyfriend i am living for them. I Am an Indian In India. I really want to go alone to anywhere in the world execpt with my stupid mother. Everyday i am crying a lot because of my family. SO many times i feel to suicide but i did'nt because of my dad.
|
12 >>