Medical Questions > Relationships > Family Relationships Forum

I hate my dad so much

Why do i hate my dad so much? I tell myself every day how much i hate him. I tell my mom how much i hate him and all she says is i don't wanna hear it. My dad doesn't live with me and my mom. But yet, he still try's to control me. I'm16 and i have a job, i got the job on my own, no one made me get it. But yet my dad still says im immature. He flips out over little stuff and says i don't respect him. Hes all the time fussing at me and making me cry. He makes jokes about me not being 80 pounds. I'm not fat but im not 80 pounds either. And it angers me off. I try my best to not talk to me or have anything to do with him. And i don't really ever talk to him unless he's at my house. I never text him and he never texts me. I just think he is a really bad father. He fusses at my mom all the time. And thinks he can get away with it. And i always stick up for her and myself and he just tells me to shut my mouth. I cant stand him or anything that he does. He thinks hes the king. And he thinks hes always right. He is the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen. Sometimes we get along, but when something doesn't go his way he flips out and makes a big deal out of it. I just can't stand him, And it makes me so mad thinking about how much I hate him. I just cannot stand him or anything about him.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 16th, 2011
LovesBlue - take care of yourself
Hi LovesBlue-

I am proud that you have a job and take care of your Mom when your Dad verbally abuses her. Unfortunately, he is a bully - and the thing that bully's feed off is your hurt reaction. Remember, what comes out of someone else's mouth does NOT define you as a person - it defines them as a bully/tormentor.

Keep your head up and be strong. There are many of us out there that have had to cut off relationships with family because of their toxic behavior.

You have one life kid - live it the way you want to - be proud, respectful and love yourself unconditionally. What other's think (including blood relatives) does not count.

I hope this is helpful.
|

replied September 16th, 2011
LovesBlue - take care of yourself
Hi LovesBlue-

I am proud that you have a job and take care of your Mom when your Dad verbally abuses her. Unfortunately, he is a bully - and the thing that bully's feed off is your hurt reaction. Remember, what comes out of someone else's mouth does NOT define you as a person - it defines them as a bully/tormentor.

Keep your head up and be strong. There are many of us out there that have had to cut off relationships with family because of their toxic behavior.

You have one life kid - live it the way you want to - be proud, respectful and love yourself unconditionally. What other's think (including blood relatives) does not count.

I hope this is helpful.
|