Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

i got 4 wisdom teeth pulled out and i need help!

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
I got 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled out two on the bottom & 2 on top today is my 3rd day and m cheeks are still swollen! i have been iceing them for the last two days and today i just been putting a warm towel over them. I have to go to school in 5 days how can i mae the swelling go down faster? && what does the pineapple juice do?

thank you guys
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Gaelic
|

User Profile
replied August 14th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
yuneek_23,

The use of pineapple products after tooth extraction is supposed to help with the swelling. This was found on a dental care site:

Pineapple: The raw juice of this plant contains the enzyme bromelain. Bromelain has been shown to have gentle anti-inflammatory properties. Swish the raw juice around the site of a tooth extraction to reduce swelling or eat a frozen pineapple juice pop to soothe a sore throat. However, remember that pineapple juice has a lot of natural sugar in it.

If you are not having any problems with bleeding, then you can try the oral antiinflammatory medicines (if you can take them). But, you have to take it regularly, around the clock, not just as needed like you would for pain. With the regular use, the antiinflammatory medicine should help reduce the swelling.

You might want to use the ice a little more, as it also helps decrease swelling. Heat is nice for soothing out soreness, and it will eventually help with swelling, in the long run. But, in the short term, ice is usually better.

Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply