Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

I get aroused and start bleeding right away?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
I have a question concerning my menstrual cycle.
I had my period from 15 to the 21st of this month. I then had about a day or two with no bleeding and on the 24th i started bleeding again. It's now the 30th and it hasn't stopped.
The bleeding is really light sometimes and then I'll have times when it just stops for example it starts in the morning for an hour or two and then stops and only starts again in the evening. But when it does start again its moderate bleeding before it goes back to light and then stops. The weird thing is I noticed if I get aroused I start bleeding right away and pretty heavy too.
I'm really worried because I'm figuring this isn't normal.
Any suggestions?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 30th, 2011
Menstruation Answer A29865
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the cause for the abnormal vaginal bleeding that you describe without examining you or going ahead with further investigations to look for the underlying cause. Causes like hormonal derangements, thyroid hormonal imbalances, endometritis, endometrial hyperplasia, pregnancy etc., cannot be ruled out completely. You should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough evaluation and further investigations (hormonal and blood work-up along with ultrasound scan) to look for the underlying cause. Treatment as appropriate would be started (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the bleeding and regulate your periods. Consider being in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.