Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

I feel pain in my lungs and shortness of breath when I lay/walk

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
Hello, I'm a pretty active 23 year old guy usually train at the gym 5-6 days a week, 1-2 hours a day at least.

Exactly 3 days ago I had a big workout at the gym, I did 6 supersets that consisted of excercises for my back and shoulder muscles. On one of the last sets I had to do dips, and as I was finishing a repetition and coming up from it, my neck was in a weird position and I felt something funny happen. All of a sudden I had a quick jolt of stiffness but it passed shortly after, I quickly ended my workout after this not to further injure myself.

I felt fine leaving the gym but once I came home and I went to bed I woke up with the worst muscle ache in my upper back and neck. Later that afternoon when I attempted to go outside for a walk to the grocery store I felt a shortness of breath, which is so uncommon for my body to react this regarding my fitness level. At night, when I laid down to sleep on my bed and felt again a sort of shortness of breath and pain alongside my upper back that went to my throat. When I breath normally I don't feel any pain its only when I try to sleep or lay horizontally and when I take really heavy breathes does the pain occur. I took a dose of ibupfrofen before bed that helped ease the back and neck pain. But when I walk and lay down the sudden shortness of breath and upper back pain still occurs.

I haven't had any fevers or any swelling my throat.
Did you find this post helpful?
|