Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

I feel like I'm in a dream.

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I was prescribed Adderall IR 10 mg about a week and a half ago.. It caused major depression & panic so I stopped it. The last day I took it I had the worst panic attack of my life where I literally felt like I was going to die. It passed after 2 hours, and the next morning when i woke up I felt like I was in a dream. I feel completely disconnected with my body & my emotions. Now I'm going on day 6 of this. It's there 24/7. I have children I need to take care of but I feel paralyzed in this dream like state. What do I do?! I already went to te ER and got different blood tests and everything is normal.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Tele68
|

replied February 12th, 2012
Are you still experiencing the anxiety/depression? This is a fairly common symptom for anxiety sufferers- it's called 'derealisation'.

In my personal experience, I find the best way to alleviate it is to just go about daily life as normal and get back into a routine. It's hard to concentrate on anything else other than the strange 'unreal' feeling, but be assured that it will go away.
|

replied June 5th, 2012
hey it will go away? about how long will it take. im 14 and im like this. is this normal for me? please im really scared
|

replied July 5th, 2012
i just turned 16 and i also feel like this, have for over a year now. I'm also really scared i went to my doctor and she didnt care. I feel trapped help someone please
|

User Profile
replied February 13th, 2012
Experienced User
Oh i have the same problem. but it happened to me certain time like when i am doing traveling and suddenly i got feeling of that every thing passing around my car is dream. I don't know that is it depression or which level of this is?
|

replied February 13th, 2012
It's not caused just by depression- tiredness, unfamiliar surroundings and drugs/alcohol as well.
|

replied February 29th, 2012
It's still going on pretty strong. There have been a few days where it let up, but that's it.
|

replied July 5th, 2012
does anyone have any success stories regarding this? its a very scary thought to think the rest of my life will be like this. i cant do or enjoy anything becuase nothing feels real. some days i have a bit of relief but i know when i wake up the next day my world will crumble again. i put on a happy face in front of family and friend when inside im dying from despair.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied October 14th, 2012
I have the same feeling, it's strange to me that this hasn't been openly discussed more, or that I haven't heard about it in a professional/ scientific way ever. This feeling has dictated my life for nearly 3 years now.

I analyze like CRAZY- my theory has always had to do with overly analytic thinking.
|

replied November 24th, 2012
Derealisation caused by Anxiety. It'll pass. Don't worry.
|