Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

I feel like I'm going crazy (Page 1)

Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
I've been experiencing high levels of anxiety and stress but so far have been able to cope. The past two days though I've started have entirely irrational thoughts and fears and feeling like I just want to jump out of my skin..its a hard feeling to explain but awful and unrelenting! I was put on a low dose of an anti-depressant but at this present moment I just feel like I'm loosing it. Please someone tell me I'm not going crazy.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper infinity007
|

replied January 4th, 2011
I hope you are feeling better. When I feel the way you are describing I have some PRN medications I can take to help me cope, such as quitiapine, lorazapam etc. PRN medications are not taken at prescribed times, they are extra medications you can take at any given time when you need them.

For instance, if I was feeling like I was losing grip on reality or hearing voices I would take the extra medication right then. It takes about 20mins to kick in and then you start feeling calmer and can work out what to do next.

Perhaps you can ask your doctor/s about this? Either way I think you need some help to get through this.

take care
|

replied January 10th, 2011
Reading this should help. I am having the same thing happen to me:

http://www.anxietynetwork.com/pdfear.html

You do need to go to the doctor and get those mess cause they do get rid of the panic.
|

replied January 10th, 2011
Jks2011.. what a brilliant website! I ofte feel like I am having a heart attack and wonder if I am having 'real' though small heart attacks when its just anxiety.

applesrock.. how are you feeling now? Have things got better? (or worse?)
|

replied January 15th, 2011
angieInz thanks for your reply and concern. Things are getting better slowly but surely.
At the time of my initial post I had just started taking sertraline (generic Zoloft) and from what I understand now it can cause a spike in anxiety in the beginning. My doc did prescribe clonazapam to help and it did thank goodness. I've also got an appointment with a therapist next week and I think that will really help too.
Thanks again
|

replied April 12th, 2011
Me too
Applesrock, I have just been experiencing the same thing. One moment I was fine handling Uni, work, relationships then I got an infected tooth, and started antibiotics, then one night I just woke up not knowing who I was, totally detatched from myself, such an awful scary feeling. Ever since that attack I have had constant feelings of not being real, almost feeling 'whats the point', and I don't want to be me because I don't know who I am anymore. This feeling of wanting to jump out of my skin got so bad I was ready to admit myself to the psych ward. I just want to get back to the old me and be happy again and not always thinking inside my head. How are you going with your treatment now as would love some guidance to get myself back on track. I too feel like each day is getting a little better however I find reassurance always helps.
|

replied May 14th, 2012
Hi Jodzinaus,

I go through similar periods in my life. Not fun. What helps me a lot is to not think things like: "it will always be like this" "I won't be normal again" usually, the less I worry about those weird feelings and get busy doing something I'm passionate about (time with my kids, work, reading books, etc), it helps me start to turn the corner.

So, maybe find something to focus on that really causes you to immerse yourself... and try to stay rested - that's huge.

I've been finding that a 10-15 min run at the gym followed by 10-15 min in the jacuzzi followed by a glass of red wine (just one, for reals) calms me way down and sets me up for a nice deep sleep...

I was on meds a couple of times, but now I try to work it out naturally (but please take meds if you're feeling really hopeless / suicidal of course).

Hope these thoughts help.
|

replied June 10th, 2012
Jodzinaus, I feel exactly what your feeling. I had work, up comping Uni, and a stressful relationship all on the go when my heart kinda went down hill. Then due to all of this I started to get anxiety attacks. I had dreams of being a military officer, but you cant with heart conditions. So this came down hard on me. I question reality, I over think, I dont feel real. I feel claustrophobic inside my own head. Depression, weight loss, anxiety attacks. constant worrying has been giving me a run for my money lately. I am on no medications. I just feel like im going crazy. I just want to return to the same loveable me.
|

replied August 14th, 2012
Do you feel any better now a couple of months down the track? I constantly want to turn back time too!
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied January 25th, 2012
Listen friend, this is pure nonsense. Many symptoms of depression have to do simply with your diet. Zoloft is a very dangerous drug (http://depression.emedtv.com/zoloft/zolof t-dangers.html) and is only a band-aid solution. You can research it yourself and you will find endless accounts of it's very real threats to your health.
My recommendation is to change your diet. Avoid sugars, alcohol, processed foods, and bleached flours for a week and then see how you feel. Drink loads of green tea and water in this time to help stabilize the shift. I also recommend taking Bee Pollen on a regular basis. It sounds a little silly, but the stuff is magic. Herbalist use it to treat depression and some cancer institues swear by it.
I speak not from a high and mighty perspective, rather one that relates entirely to your issue. I actually only stumbled upon this post while searching for a song. A therapist is not a bad idea, but there are many avenues you can explore to help with anxiety and the blues.
I wish you well and would happily share more info if your at all interested!
Warm Regards,
Julia
|

replied February 13th, 2013
I feel like I'm going crazy!? Is this normal?
Ok so I had this thought and it won't leave my mind like how am I seeing out my eyes? How am I moving and it's constantly on my mind. I feel like it's the beginning stages of skitsophrenia or something like I'm having full blown panic attacks everytime I think about it. Like i don't feel real. I can act like everything is ok though like i still know reality my Brain just seems to think the worst and I question every possible move or thought I make I can't seem to calm down. Then I think why are we all here. What's the point to this ? And it's scaring me so bad plz help me I really feel like I'm gonna be institutionalized someday from going crazy. Like it seems to kinda go away at night like when I'm laying down with my boyfriend watching tv. But today I had
Like 20 panic attacks I felt like. I'm only 20 years old. I'm outgoing and I go through these periods where I get so scared and it seems to go away for a couple of weeks then bam there it is again. I just want to feel like I'm normal I look around at everyone else thinking these thoughts and I'm like why don't they think like me. Then bam panic attack again cause I think I'm crazy. I should be thinking like this. It seems as if my brain wants to think the worst things like. What is life omg I'm alive how am I alive and things like that.
|

replied November 19th, 2014
hi jaredv,
sounds like you have a textbook case of Pure-O OCD. Its an Anxiety Disorder. Look it up. I think it will help tremendously. Then go see a psychiatrist. Some people need medications to slow the brain down and other deal with naturally.

Hope this helps
"Sunshine
|

replied February 20th, 2013
We are all fundamentally "crazy" by our nature of being in this universe...There is no right or wrong in the infinite from which we have all come from...Its all in the mind, what you think is right and wrong....Sane and crazy...yin and yang...Embrace with LOVE the insanity of this circus act we have CHOSEN to exp...Share your weird thoughts you have, you will find MANY others have the same thoughts and feelings...Don't be afraid of whats within yourself my friends...Don't let fear manifest out of beauty.
|

replied April 5th, 2013
hi Smile im having problem too i think it start when i was pregnant (2010) i have this thing that i want to talk things that its nonsense like blahh waaahh like that then i feel like my saying thing in my mind then i know something wrong with me then i calm my self and pray and its stop but now it happen again actually its only last night and today im talking to my self saying something on my mind hearing some whisper imagining things and i feel like crying my god please help me i dont know what to do ..what i do know is calming my self i am aware something is happening to me..a lot of things i do like washing my hands several times.,saying a word a lot of time,and talking to mys self im 25yrs old now ihave my son he's 3yrs old hope some one can help yesterday im still awake till 3am and talking to my self i cant fall asleep because im hearing someting nad i cnt help but to think then i start talkign to my self Sad
|

replied November 19th, 2014
Hi Im bothered,

Sounds like you have a textbook Anxiety Disorder called Pure-O Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Look it up and then go see a psychologist. You may need medications to slow your brain down. I understand and feel your pain. I hope this helps!

Sunshine
|

replied April 6th, 2013
I am having the same problems, only I have been having headaches and so worried that they are something serious I think I have got my anxiety worked up as well.I suffer from anxiety disorder and I'm not on any medication and as of lately evey pain I have I google it and ofcourse then feel like I have some incurable and life threatning disease. (I know I shouldnt do that.)I feel like my anxiety has turned me in to a hypochondriac. I think It may be time to see my doctor and even though I dont want to, go on some medication.
|

replied April 11th, 2013
I am so glad I found this page because I am feeling so alone right now and so overwhelmed with stress and anxiety. It is so comforting to know I'm not alone but I wish none of us had to suffer with anxiety or any type of mental illness. I have OCD and at times of stress it is so challenging to deal with. I am getting a lot of great ideas from your honesty. Thank you for being here. We all need to support eachother.
|

replied April 15th, 2013
Hey guys, i too suffer from anxiety. I have a intrusive thought that keeps bothering even though i know i wont do it. Its sooooooo horrible. I wish i could get out of my head. Anybody have any recommendations. I see a therapist and im on buspirone.
|

replied April 15th, 2013
Hey guys, i too suffer from anxiety. I have a intrusive thought that keeps bothering even though i know i wont do it. Its sooooooo horrible. I wish i could get out of my head. Anybody have any recommendations. I see a therapist and im on buspirone.
|

replied May 7th, 2013
I'm going crazy
Omg I'm not sure if its a good thing or not to find out that there are so many others like me out there . I can never sleep like a regular schedule I always stay awake insanely late thinking about a million things. Like what am I doing with my life. All the mistakes I've made. How will it feel when I die. And then I snap out of it and I get the worst stomach pain because I fear I am going to go crazy and lose grasp of reality. Like I won't be aware I'm still alive but ill be like a psychtzo just wondering the earth. I live w my boyfriend but and he sometimes helps me thru my anxiety attacks ... But I am afraid ill go crazy someday and ill lose the love of my life because who wants to be w a crazy person. I think I am going to try the "changing my diet " theory ... May god accompany me and all of you thru our journeys. :/
|

replied May 30th, 2013
I have really bad anxiety. I keep thinking all these bad things are going to happen. People keep telling me to just do stuff to keep my mind occupied, but even when my mind is occupied, the bad thoughts keep up. I don't know what to do. It never ends.
|

replied June 5th, 2013
I feel your pain
Hello,

Yes i feel the same as most of you have posted, I do not take meds, tried a few but they made me feel worse.... Praying does help me but I guess this is my journey, to learn something from all of it.
I hope all of you start feeling better, life can be good, we are all here for a reason.
God Bless you
|

replied June 5th, 2013
OMG I feel the same way, lately i have been feeling like I'm going crazy, I have been feeling like someone has been watching me, I have heard faint whisper's probably 2 or 3 times, I've gotten so scared. Sometime I feel like I may be in the early stages of scitzophrenia. My anxiety as gotten really bad, my heart is constantly racing and it feelings like my mind is going a million miles a minute. I'm always thinking about life and how is it possible. when i look at myself in the mirror I'm always thinking "how am I real, or how am I even alive" Something woke me up in the middle of the night I was scared shittless,I didn't wanna open my eyes/ or get up to investigate (it sounded like a voice telling me to turn around & open my eyes), I came to the conclusion it was probably my mind playing tricks on me. I feel like I'm driving myself crazy. I really want this to go away, I wanna go back to normal & I don't know what's happening to me... If anyone else experienced this please let me know. I'm looking into medication/ psychological help ( I'm 20 )
|

replied June 20th, 2013
I feel like im losing my grip on sanity
Guys I need help,
I am 16 and a few weeks ago I started having wierd dreams and then I started thinking someone is always watching me and now im hearing voices help me
What is wrong with me
|

replied June 25th, 2013
I have felt like this for awhile now... i am married but feel so alone my mind is constantly thinking of millions of things.. i calm myself down by drinking but i quit drinking and i dont know how to make it stop.. i feel like nobody will understand me and i am just so alone with this... i dont have insurance to see a doctor.
|

replied July 7th, 2013
me too
i know what everybody is talking bout i been feeling crazy too.. i just hope im not crazy, my life havent been the same like im so scared to talk to my parents or friends.. some time i hear voicess and some time i feel like someone is watching me, like i cant put how im feeling in word!! i wish i can just show how i feel!! i feel like i feel better everyday but what happend still worry me like what really happen to me??? i just want answers, or just the old happy me
|

replied August 23rd, 2013
PLS. HELP ME. IM FROM PHILIPPINES. I AM EXPERIENCING A BAD,BAD,BAD,BAD TIME LIKE YOU GUYS.. I CANT TELL MY PARENTS BECAUSE THEY MAY THINK IM CRAZY. I AM HAVING MANY THOUGHTS WHILE DOING SOMETHING AND I FEEL I DONT CONTROL MYSELF ANYMORE SO PLEASE.. HELP!
|
12 >>